wwwoooooosshshhh

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Have you had a listern then? I live on a quiet street aswell, if I turn up late, I just coast it onto the street (its a small street) and then drop the engine asap, [yorkshire mode] B rEEt [/yorkshire mode]

Aye that's what i was thinking - yup i've had a listen and it sounds pretty similar to what i had. I've been looking at the allards FMIC pipework for ages now and a miltek DP. I have this sneaking thought that the sound of air being sucked in through stainless and expelled through it would be rather nice!

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
i didnt think there was much benefit to be had from exhaust options in a diesel because of the way the machine operates in relation to pressures and such?

westoncraig

Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
fair enough...but wouldnt you be better putting money elsewhere then if its just a cosmetic thing?
or is that my boring brain taking over haha!!
hows things though fest?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Allard FMIC piping removes some restrictions in the pipes around the turbo area and other areas. Furthermore is stops leaks...if you have a look around the piping you will see an oily carp round where they join together.

As for bigger DP it will help throttle response as dervs need to flow as free as possible. As for pressures, from research, the turbo produces enormous amount of pressure so backpressure is not as issue at all. As devonmikeyboy says petrol tuning to derv tuning is nonsense.

Well worth Pat doing it and when his turbo goes pop one day and he gets BT it will help even more. I am going to do it aswell! :)

tequilan

mk4 ibiza FR pd 130
Sep 24, 2007
somerset
couldnt wait so fitted my filter.....small but definately noticeable differences. dollop of torque at spool up has been smoothed out. turbo audibly spools up with more ease and is slightly louder in doing so quite impressed for £30 odd.

......oh and did i mention that the whoosh in second is louder too lol

mrk

May 4, 2007
couldnt wait so fitted my filter.....small but definately noticeable differences. dollop of torque at spool up has been smoothed out. turbo audibly spools up with more ease and is slightly louder in doing so quite impressed for £30 odd.

......oh and did i mention that the whoosh in second is louder too lol

what filter did you fit?

tequilan

mk4 ibiza FR pd 130
Sep 24, 2007
somerset
green cotton panel filter - i was so surprised at the difference in depth of it over the original its like 1/4 as thick!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
As in you used to have it in your PD130? What did you do with it? lol

How did the SMF do you HEAD in?!

It came out! Put the DMF back in with a weaker clutch. :( The rattling on idle and low revs was embarrassing! ALWAYS had to keep my foot on the clutch all the time just to keep it quiet! I wouldnt have minded if it were a track day toy like yours but pootling around town - it was just terrible.

westoncraig

Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
although, it no longer wooshes people!!!

i have become an economical driver this week to see how many miles i can get out of the tank! so i no longer possess the ability to floor it and woosh at people!! :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members