Xenon fog lights

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
cocadave wrote

sorry mutley wasn't trying to annoy any body being thoughtlessly rude but being computer literate is not my strong point as i didn.t have access to a computer when i was growing up also i don't sit and work with a computer all day day in day out (i believe there should have been a coma somewhere round there but never mind) and not to mention its 11.20pm which isn't that late unless you have been up since 4.45am.

Aaargh. Muttley. Cut-and-paste maybe?

It isn't about being computer literate, or even plain literate. It's about being considerate.

I grew up in the fifties and sixties: No keyboards in my childhood either.

It's 12:20 now. I was up at 0500, current asignment is a 90-mile commute around the lower half of the M25, with no chance of staying over.

You have made a hit, though - I work in IT and use a computer most of the time. Self-taught touch-typist.

anyway back to the fog lights, (there it is) [B)] what i was saying is that i could at the time see more clearly with my HID's than i could with my OEM fog lights lit up, therefore i had the strange thought that if i had HID fogs i would have been able to see better as they are pointing at the correct angle and they would still be in the same position in the bumper so the light would still be kept low, scattered and not projected in a beam.

If you could see well with dipped headlights then the fog wasn't thick enough to need dedicated fogs. Front fogs are meant to cope with extreme situations, very rarely encountered. But, when you do need them, nothing else will do.

I think I've needed to use front foglights on maybe three occasions in forty years or so.

while we're on topic of fog loghts, what do you think to the morrons who forget to turn the rear fogs off when its not foggy or better yet the fools who turn them on when they are clearly not needed?

It seems that rear fogs are left on in clear conditions less often than front fogs. The bright rear-facing light is a serious nuisance in traffic queues. I put my sunvisor down to block out the brightness while stationary.

leonrob

allways inovating
Jan 5, 2010
thats astonishing thet youve only used you fogs 3 times where do you drive ? On motorways mainly ? I live in a little village sort of in the sticks and i use mine quite often and late at night plusbecause i drive early in the mornings the fact were in a dip in the landscape so i think it just depends where you live /drive on how important your fogs are.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
We live in a village a few miles from a small town on the North Downs.

I've driven in fog quite a lot, but in most cases dipped headlights were appropriate. There's only a few times that i've encountered fog so dense that dipped headlights produced the wall of white, and fogs were needed to find the edge of the road/white lines. Needless to say, at this point we were doing less than ten mph.

None of which changes the fact that brighter bulbs in front fogs degrade their performance.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members