xenon lights

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
X20HER said:
how much did you pay for them? i was thinking of doing that, is it H7 or H1 our cars need?

i've paid £16 pound for bulbs and fitting included. i've no idea what bulbs i needed. MY uncle owns the Seat dealership in Barnsley so he sorts all my stuff out. Are you local?

MK8

Im in Milton Keynes, god knows how far that is, i dont know where barnsley is!

I cant afford a real HID kit, so bulbs will have to do. ur so lucky to have an uncle to get you really cheap bits.

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
I fitted some new bulbs to mine last night, and all i can say is that the passenger side is a bitch to fit as the battery is in the way, it is doable but very fidly.

If you're fitting them yourself i found it easier to remove the retaining clip that holds the bulb in place, then remove the bulb from the headlight housing and then disconnect it from the wiring, it just gives you more space to manouvre the bulb and wiring.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

MK8

EB20VT said:
I fitted some new bulbs to mine last night, and all i can say is that the passenger side is a bitch to fit as the battery is in the way, it is doable but very fidly.

If you're fitting them yourself i found it easier to remove the retaining clip that holds the bulb in place, then remove the bulb from the headlight housing and then disconnect it from the wiring, it just gives you more space to manouvre the bulb and wiring.

Hopefully it well when i get round to doing it, did u take any before n after pics? do they make a lot of difference?

I could prob chek in the manuel, but meh, are they H7 or H1?

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
X20HER said:
Im in Milton Keynes, god knows how far that is, i dont know where barnsley is!

I cant afford a real HID kit, so bulbs will have to do. ur so lucky to have an uncle to get you really cheap bits.

i'm only getting the bulbs, the seat dealership is probably the cheapest option whereever you live

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
EB20VT said:

Did you buy your seat from the BArnsley dealer???where did u get your bulbs from???

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
I can't see just changing the bulbs making much diferance but I can live in hope. (Am I the only one who thinks the stock setup is realy bad on a modern car, main beam dosn't seem to have much range at all?) (My old polo was better and the Cooper S is fantastic by comparison though it dose have the extra lights on the grill)

Triple D

Yep the standard lights are pooo. They are tight to change but i can take the bumper off in about 5 mins a whack the headlights out in about 2. So by the time you've fiddled around trying to do it without taking the bumper off, ill be driving around with new bulbs in.:whistle: [B)]

T. Spark

Mike_OBD has some 50% more light blubs in, and I have just put in a HID kit. You can see the difference

CLICK HERE

Taking into account that the yellow beeza already has the Blue Vision bulbs in......

orangesprout

Cheeky !!
Apr 10, 2003
Dodge City, North East
Visit site
Andywest2k1 said:
i've just ordered the xenon look bulbs from my seat dealership and i'm waiting for them to be delieverd. Just wondered if anyone has had these fitted and what they think to them...

i bought some last night to replace the non road legal 100W Rally ones i had in
(paramoid about melting lights) they are pretty good to be honest

you can see difference in lights when passing cars on dual carriageway

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
Andywest2k1 said:
Did you buy your seat from the BArnsley dealer???where did u get your bulbs from???

I got the car from Thornes in Wakefield before it shut down, from now on i'll be using Ted Johnsons.

The bulbs were from Halfords, they have a crisper whiter light than the normal ones.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
muddyboots said:
Have you tried doing it on the TDI yet....

the difference being?

i never saw any difference when i looke under the bonnet.

might be harder on yours though as you have the Xenons.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Ant FR said:
the difference being?

i never saw any difference when i looke under the bonnet.

might be harder on yours though as you have the Xenons.
There's a lot less room on the right hand side due to the fuel filter being in the way.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
well no problem, takes me around 5 mins to remove the bumper now.

Did it in the M40 services yesteray when the boost hose popped off the intercooler, i did'nt tighten it up the day before, ooops.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise