Xenon Quezzy

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Hi,

I picked up my FR DSG last night but I noticed something with my Xenons when it got dark - when the Xenons are on the inside of the polycarbonate headlight looks a little like the milky film you get on glasses that have been washed in the dishwasher. This is only visible when the lights are on, when they aren't the polycarbonate looks crystal clear.

So my question is: Is this caused by dirt on the inside of the polycarbonate lens and if so can the headlight covers be removed for cleaning or should I ask the $tealer to sort this out - i.e. is it a new set of Xenons?

BTW the point-round-the-corner function of the Xenons is awesome! I really didn't think this function would be as good as it is - they move quite a bit and v. quickly as well... Great :funk:

Bluetooth is cool as well... Just gotta wait until it has been run in now... Currently driving like Miss Daisy!:redface:

TIA,

fM

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
:lol:Hi guys mine to has this effect on the inside of the headlamp , it seems just to be the the case with projector style headlamps with hid lights, is it like a polo effect you meen?:whistle:

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Jon,

Thats it exactly... looks $hit... £900 for some posh leets and they look p00... :(

I just thought they hadn't cleaned the polycarb before they put them together. I guess it could be internal refraction.

How hard is it to take the covers off?

fM

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Jon,

Thats it exactly... looks $hit... £900 for some posh leets and they look p00... :(

I just thought they hadn't cleaned the polycarb before they put them together. I guess it could be internal refraction.

How hard is it to take the covers off?

fM

I wouldn't worry about it. It's just the xenons are so bright coupled with the projector beams that make the outers look like they are dirty inside.