y reg leon key

vijay.kataria

ive had my car 2 months and when i brought it i only got 2 normal keys not central locking ones so every time i open and close the door i have to do it from the door, can i get a key with the remotes on it, and also can i get a flip key:??????????

please help as im getting annoyed with it now

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
What model Leon?
Did your version come with it? I was talking with Seat about keys when I got hold of mine.
You used to need an elecronic key fob that comes with original keys, but not any more. You can take the engine no etc or go with the car and they order them.
Didn't ask the price as I have 2 sets but no electronic fob.

From the mk3/4 Ibiza forums if you have the transponder in the non-Remote keys all you need is to buy 2 flip keys off ebay.

The transponder is what turns off the immobiliser and is a little glass tube bonded into the plastic of the key - the risk is that you can break the transponded and the you WILL need to get a new key from SEAT.

The key that you buy from ebay has to match the frequency of the RC key you originally have (now here's the problem?? Not sure how you would tell what you need if you've never had one??) But surely all Leons came with remote central locking?? You can then code the key to you car by certains turns and clicks and or vagcomm, but I will need to look out the old thread to see for sure?

vijay.kataria

ive got two normall keys one is programed and cut working in fine,
one is cut but not coded, i wnt the central locking keys or a flip how would i do this?????:cry:

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
if you have only got one key that is programmed then it looks like dealer only.... cus if you was to try and remove the transponder from the only working key and you broke it then you would be up sh!t alley !!!! but you would also need the key number it could be a right pain up the ass !!!!

vijay.kataria

godber225r - so can i jus get any seat flip key and get ot prodrammed,or do i neen to get it cut out the get in programmed???

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.