Yellow Beastie - '03 LCR Now Stage 2 :D

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Cheers guys :) Will try to get some good photos wednesday. Can't wait and looking forward to the drive home. First time on coilovers. Should tie in with all the handling work so far nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Well had a great day yesterday. Many thanks to Alex Kerr at AKS Tuning. Coilovers are on and setup.
Car is so different :) so much firmer and flatter through bends :) took her out and about around the Norfolk Coast today down some interesting roads to get used to her new feel.

Few photos,

he5uvyjy.jpg
a3ede2yr.jpg
e8y9e2et.jpg
y5e3e3yh.jpg
tyguteha.jpg

She was clean when I left honest!

Thinking of getting some of the rear beam centring plates to pull the rear wheels back into the centre of the arches. Will get more photos once she is clean again :)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Looks brilliant, and sounds like its given the car a new purposeful poise.
I've had the ECS rear centering plates for a couple of years now and I think they're money well spent. Aesthetically pleasing whilst it gave me a little more inner arch clearance by being central to the arch, curing a minor issue of arch rubbing when lower with passengers, in my experience. There's a few kits around too so you have the choice to go for a cheaper option should you wish. However, the ecs kit is a perfect fit if you were looking at that one :)

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Cheers guys! :D

One very happy me!

That's good to know about the ECS plates James, they are the ones I'm looking at getting from Awesome GTI. Hate seeing cars slammed down and the rear wheels hiding in the front half of the arch.

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Cheers guys! :D

One very happy me!

That's good to know about the ECS plates James, they are the ones I'm looking at getting from Awesome GTI. Hate seeing cars slammed down and the rear wheels hiding in the front half of the arch.

Hi mate, just read your thread and then happened to look at the for sale section.
See below link to ecs plates. Thought I'd let ya know incase you didn't mind them being second hand!
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=398668

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Hi Lavery,

Thank you very much for the link, but they are already sold. Guy just hasn't been able to update on the advert yet. Much appreciated though :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Roohul

Jun 22, 2010
Romford, Essex
Well had a great day yesterday. Many thanks to Alex Kerr at AKS Tuning. Coilovers are on and setup.
Car is so different :) so much firmer and flatter through bends :) took her out and about around the Norfolk Coast today down some interesting roads to get used to her new feel.

Few photos,

y5e3e3yh.jpg

Me likey the lil yellow Leon

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Me likey the lil yellow Leon too :)

Just got the model yesterday.

Few photos of Yellow Beastie and "Mini-Me"

eva3ahu2.jpg
vabeta3a.jpg
8y6yda6e.jpg

Few close up's of Mini Beastie,

yze5uzem.jpg
3ygy5yra.jpg
7y4esyge.jpg

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Well time for an update.

Few issues and bits to replace, once again. So more mod money being drained away in to fixing her.

Issues are,

•both rear doors fail to unlock from inside or outside. Using the key fob, key or interior handles. So down to being a two seater at the moment. Also the indicators fail to flash once now when locking the car up. Both front doors are fine (touches wood!) so maybe two new lock control modules need. Also may need two new door cards if I can't get the doors open.

Just had the oil leak from under the rocker cover fixed so happy there. Just got the block and gearbox to clean up now.

•Still have a coolant leak dispute previous effort to fix. So taken the opportunity to get a new radiator, thermostat, fan switch and silicon hose kit fitted. Fingers crossed that be that all sorted now and in future with all new pipe work in place.

•Also still need to fix my twin fan issues.
• Need to find out why my boot light and rear interior lights won't work.

Get all this lot done and be time to pay out for her annual service as well.

On more positive note, the power cable is run through the car and battery box is fitted in the boot. So will be cracking on with this once I get back home from this hitch offshore. Really looking forward to taking her out for a play having not driven here with the coilovers on for 3 weeks.

Still have all the engine bay bits to do as well. Pictures will follow once I'm home.

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Right, time for a bit of an update on all things Yellow Beastie :)

Been a busy ten days or so with mods, breakdown and stage 2 mapping.

Spent a few days ripping into the engine bay. Finished off the battery relocation, old manifold off. Pcv pipe work removed. This was found to have 4 big splits in :( :(

So needless to say, this was binned and pipe work for my oil at can run instead. Then it was on with the phenolic gasket I have had sat in the garage for ages. Onto this went my lovely shiny polished manifold and polished throttle body. Looks lovely and bling :) :)

The throttle body has had the fitting where the rubber pipe connects at the top tapped for a 1/8th npt thread. So the pipe that used to connect here now runs down and goes to the point under the manifold that is normally blanked off when doing the pcv pipe work delete.
The 1/8th tapping is for a wmi nozzle so that's that sorted when I get the funds for water meth. For now it's just blanked off.

Also at this point, with the battery out the way I was able to replace the jentex filter with a much larger Ramair cone. Next to this I fitted my bracket to hold the fuse box and catch can.

Also fitted at this point were the silicon upper boost hoses and forge map tube.

Few pictures,

Coilovers fitted :) :)

qu6ytusy.jpg

dydepe4a.jpg

Taking it all apart,

e2u7eza9.jpg

aza8utuq.jpg

Looking a lot better all back together,

qynu6y5a.jpg

a3ebe5ab.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise