Yellow caliper paint

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
Hey guys :)

I have just purchased some Halfrauds yellow caliper paint and am all set to get a painting later on today.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience in using this paint and if they have any tips like the best number of coats to use etc.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
2/3 coats ideally if possible and it dries pretty quick so doesn't take long

would reccomend removal and a damn 'GOOD' clean first or it's just messy otherwise

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
Im definitely going for 2 coats this evening with a possible extra coat tomorrow if the weather holds.

As for cleaning going to scrub them with a wire brush and spray them with brake cleaner but will
prob do all this with them still attached as I dont have the know how to take them off and safetly put them back on :D

Whats the Halfrauds yellow like, does it cover well. is it a good strong colour?

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
Well not overly impressed with the caliper paint.

Gave the front ones 3 coats last night and it still hasn't covered them properly.

After another 2 coats they will look ace but the paint was very thin.

Anyone else had this prob?

Yeah that specific caliper paint or even caliper branded paint for this purpose it absolute pants its thin rubbish pissy paint, You would have been better using some Tetrosyl Engine Laquer, Its a nice thickness that coats calipers in two coats, and high temperature too! it comes in red, blue, black, silver, i think yellow???

arge

Starting to mod...
May 22, 2008
Hook, Hampshire
I am also after a paint to refurb my brembos but have heard ther is no colour code for the brembo 'red' so you just have to get sumthing similar ?

What paints has everyone else used ?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Well not overly impressed with the caliper paint.

Gave the front ones 3 coats last night and it still hasn't covered them properly.

After another 2 coats they will look ace but the paint was very thin.

Anyone else had this prob?

Use yellow Hammerite smooth mate, cheaper and loads better.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
went on a treat on mine 3 coats tops - they were brand new calipers though, mind you the frames were original red and covered them ok too

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
Yeah that specific caliper paint or even caliper branded paint for this purpose it absolute pants its thin rubbish pissy paint, You would have been better using some Tetrosyl Engine Laquer, Its a nice thickness that coats calipers in two coats, and high temperature too! it comes in red, blue, black, silver, i think yellow???

Damn wish I'd known that yesterday :(

Oh well! Once I've put the 4th & 5th coat on it will look great and I will post up some pics sometime next week :)