Yes, I've bought a new Toledo!

Robert Barnes

Jul 5, 2003
UK North
Visit site
Having had 4 previous model Tollys (3 x V5s and 1 x 150hp diesel), I've bitten the bullet and moved on.

I traded in my last V5 to my friendly local dealer who had a boatload of ex-SEAT management cars, so a Tdi Sport in metallic blue with 5000 miles is now mine for an extremely reasonable balance-to-pay.

I have to say that I'm most impressed - great build quality, a well styled inside and outside, as many gizmos as you could reasonably want, a strong engine, excellent seats, and a piece of cake to get in and out of (at 56 I notice these things). It's a big car with a big hatchback, and I'm still not sure where all four corners are. I'm expecting an average 50mpg (mostly A1 and M-ways). I used to average 34 from the V5, so the saving will be appreciated (plus the saving on insurance and car-tax).

If there are still any doubters out there (I was one of them), go take a look.

Rob

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Hmm. Interesting move Robert, I just wonder if the new Altea XL is going to steal the Toledo market as it seems to offer much of the practicality and load space? I would speculate that the XL is preparing to replace the under-selling new Toledo for SEAT's alleged return to a more traditional Toledo saloon in the next couple of years.

That said, the new Toledo is a good car, it's just that people struggle with the rear end looks. Sport guise certainly helps and at least you will be a member of a pretty exclusive club!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Hi Robert. I traded a pug 206 in for one of these with 7.5k on it for a reasonable price, think same situation as you, ex-management car. i'm 21 like the getting in and out of the car far better and easier than the 206, might as-well sit on the road in that!

am getting about 40/45mpg at the moment with 11k on the clock, needa find a beeter fuel and wait for the engine to bed in a bit more.

Good luck with the car.

streetkid

I too am really pleased with the car, having had a V5 previously. The only pain is the visibility. Wish I had parking sensors!

I have the DSG box which I am half happy with and half disapointed, I thought it would be quicker to pick up, but seems a little slow to react to the accelerator?

My toledo was registered in 2005 and does not have an mp3 stereo - would that seem right - very annoyed!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
my toledo is '05 and no mp3, was disapointed too, but still worth the money and very modifyable in that way. if you get it right with gear, clutch, accel it flies on the manual box!

Robert Barnes

Jul 5, 2003
UK North
Visit site
Yes, I've bought a new Toledo!

Guys - it's good to hear from you, and reassured that Streetkid and Googies are largely happy with their Toledos. Mine doesn't have the mp3 fitment either, but I seem to have got the radio/CD to produce some good sounds - it's good to have "mid" as well as bass and treble. I did a 220 mile round trip down the A1 today, and got 46.9mpg (in fifth for miles as I still haven't got used to the six gears, and it was still very quiet at 75 in fifth!) A colleague with a 2.0 TDi Passat estate is getting mid 50s at 30000 miles, so I live in hope of greater economy as she loosens up.

GrayT's point about the Altea XL is a valid one, but that particular model/look wouldn't appeal to me - too many look-alikes. I like the very individual fat-arse, and those who have studied the car close up, are not put off by this, they are all impresed by the overall package for a great price at 1 year old. It' much better in the flesh than in the mags.

From the Exclusive Toledo Club,

Rob

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Am very happy with the car, although its the poverty spec it is still great! Wouldnt have any idea about 6gears dont have any!!!:lol:

I am happy enough without the mp3, will work on this in time. Also, if you want good sounds, some dynamat sound deadening in strategic places and new uprated speakers, nothing powerfull but for quality into the doors, halfway through mine gonna do the rears soon. sounds good already. Good to see our elders not tiddlin' about and keeping up with the flow!:)

Like the lloks of the Tol, you get used to the arse, and the Altea XL is nothing compared to the original or the Tol, IMHO.

streetkid

Having just completed a 500 mile trip round most of the UK for family visits over Christmas, I am really pleased with the car. The computer was showing an average of 45mpg, which I think is excellent with a DSG box.

Just wonder how easy/expensive it would be to exchange the headset for an mp3 one.

What are the ipod alternatives, using an itrip at the moment which is ok, but a bit patchy.

jtmac

I think that nearly new Toledos will be a good buy right now especially with the XL coming out. With the Altea XL you have no choice right now but new.

Looking at used ads on the internet it looks like get more for your money buying a 55/06 Toledo than a 55/06 Altea.

I thought long and hard about both when I got my Altea. Glad there wasn't an XL too to make it more confusing. Dealer was doing the deal on stylance Toledo and Ref Sport Altea so sports seats and lower payments won.

When i get tempted to switch to a 2.0tdi I think I'll consider both the Tolly and Altea.

streetkid

I think that nearly new Toledos will be a good buy right now especially with the XL coming out. With the Altea XL you have no choice right now but new.

Absolutely, there are some real bargains. Of course this does mean they have been depreciation disaters! But that said maybe the brunt has been had?

The XL is interesting, if this is the replacement for the toledo, does that mean the toledo is dead? If so Seat are left with a 3 car line up - unless there is a seat spin on the galaxy coming?

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I have the basic reference model, but is still fairly well kitted out for my needs. mp3 can be added to unit using cd changer socket on rear, from memory Denisson icelink will do this?? mine was a 55plate (re-reg to a n.ireland plate, on a late '06 plate now). only gettin bout 45 mpg at best on manual box, some a roads mainly b and worse!!

jtmac

The XL is interesting, if this is the replacement for the toledo, does that mean the toledo is dead? If so Seat are left with a 3 car line up - unless there is a seat spin on the galaxy coming?

I wonder whether the Toledo name will die with this Toledo? i.e. will there be a New Leon with a boot stuck on the back to replace it? Will it be called something else?

I've not seen any members post that they've that have ordered an Altea XL yet. I wonder how lng it will be before they start to show up on SC.net

;) mabye SEAT want just one car in different sizes Altea XXS (Arosa), sml (ibiza) S/M (cordoba), Med (Leon), M/L (Altea), L (Toledo), XL (ALtea XL) and XXL (Alhambra) :redface: I'l get my coat! :hide:

5imon

I just got one back in October.
2.0 tdi Dsg sport model. Quite nice, quick and has all the toys inc MP3, reverse sensors etc.

Currently getting 35.9 mpg.....

HertsHammer

This is new ground for me. My Toledo is my first diesel and it's also the newest car I've ever owned. So far I love it except the air bag warning lite came on and won't go away. Annoying. I find the acceleration very good and the cabin is oh so comfortable! Still find I park it 2 feet short of where I think the bumper is. M-way driving is blissfull.

ddc

Got my Tinta Black 1.9 Stylance with clear rear lights back last June (06 plate) No MP3 :-( but getting 50 mpg at 13500 miles on the clock (do 24k a year..) only issues have been vibrations from the clutch/flywheel and electric window oversensitive safety drop.. Love the car, decided to get one after spending several hours trying out c-max, senics etc at a local car show..

Robert Barnes

Jul 5, 2003
UK North
Visit site
Yes, I've bought a new Toledo UPDATE

Having now racked up a quick 4000 miles in the last 5 weeks of Toledo Tdi Sport ownership, I have to say that this is a great car. A piece of cake to get in and out of, great height for loading into the hatchback, for starters.

A really light gearbox, responsive 2.0 Tdi, sharp steering and neutral handling make everyday driving a considerable pleasure (av 45mpg so far). The seats on the Sport model are large and supportive, and everyone loves riding in the back. Don't be put off by the looks - I've grown attached to J Lo (no explanation needed here)

It takes an age to clean (being quite a lot larger than old Toledo), but that's about the only downside.

There seem to be quite a few nearly new Sport Tdi models in the network, so £11000 will buy you a low mileage 12 month old one, with loads of warranty left on. That's the way to buy 'em!

I think that I'm becoming Hon Sec of the New Toledo Club.

Rob

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
Looking forward to collecting my 05 plate Sport next saturday from the dealers paid just over 10k for it with 10k on the clock and it came with the convience pack on it which means bluetooth handsfree and the MP3 stereo headunit and some other bits, I assume. Looking forward to may miles motoring as I do a shed load my comute is a 70 mile round trip.

Td1man

I wonder whether the Toledo name will die with this Toledo? i.e. will there be a New Leon with a boot stuck on the back to replace it? Will it be called something else?

I've not seen any members post that they've that have ordered an Altea XL yet. I wonder how lng it will be before they start to show up on SC.net

;) mabye SEAT want just one car in different sizes Altea XXS (Arosa), sml (ibiza) S/M (cordoba), Med (Leon), M/L (Altea), L (Toledo), XL (ALtea XL) and XXL (Alhambra) :redface: I'l get my coat! :hide:

I have heard via Audi Driver mag that a new Toledo will soon be appearing and is based on the current A4 (B7) chassis so expect a saloon, estates and cabrio maybe, seen some pics of a heavily disguised saloon in one of the weeklies.