Yet another radio problem - I hope

wes230

Hi all - another problematic Aura HU. Was working fine up till about 3 months ago (original spec TDi bought new back in 2000!) when it started asking for the security code when I turn the unit on. This was predominantly when starting the car after leaving it overnight.

Then it started to cut out whilst I was driving. Got a long journey ahead of me so decided to take it down to SEAT dealer in Hull earlier today. Thought the unit might have a wire trapped behind as the unit wasn't flush to the fascia (had some repairs done years ago and can't remember what problem was :eek:ldfart: (if there ain't a smiley for this there should be!!). Their tech took the unit out, gave it the once over and replaced. Useless prat, now it doesn't even switch on :w4nk:

Checked all fuses and all ok. Have got CD changer, btw.

Any clues? My doors leak quite bad (that's another story) and wondered if the problems could be related.

Have checked rest of Leon Mk 1 forum and can't see anything the same.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
pull it back out and check out all the wires behind it yourself, make sure all connections are tight and no wires are twisted/caught/etc

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I occasionally (twice a month maybe) get the sound cut out, but the HU is still on and playing. It did it with the standard Aura HU, and now with my new alpine. It did it today, for about 3 or 4 minutes. Then faded back in over about 1 sec. Tried changing tracks, switching HU on/off, disconnecting/reconnecting ipod to no avail. All connections in the back of HU are secure, and cables are new.

So would it most likely be a speaker cable short somewhere? I am hopeless with electronics. Anyone found a solution to this?

m4rts

I just had this exact same problem. Removed the Aura head unit, took off top and bottom covers on the radio (they just lift off) cleaned out all the dust, reseated the ribbon cable from front panel to main board, reinstalled, and hey ho all is well now! (touch wood!) I was just about ready to get a new radio off eBay, saved me £30!