Yum Yum coolant

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
In the past month or so my car has developed an incredible thirst for coolant, it has gone through nearly 2 litres of the stuff (mixed with water of course).

i was kindly alerted to the lack of fluid by the usual beep and red flashing light on the temp gauge.

I have had the water pump replaced 3k ago (9 months back) so i pretty confided thats not the problem as its been fine thorughout the rest of summer and winter.

i have the problem with the fans on the back of the radiator blowing the fuse, but i have check this and the fuse is intact.

oh, and there is no liquid under the car if parked of rand hour or a night.

any ideas? :shrug:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
could be a tiny split in the rad and water is leaking when water pump is running orit could be your coolant resevoir pressure cap!<< common on the mk4 beezer <<<<
"mayo" water deposits in oil (round oil fillercap)

is the car smoking at all???

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
^^^ normally wouldnt be replaced under warranty as stone chips normally are the cause of this fault but corrotion and natural splits would be covered

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheers guys, it is leaking onto the floor so there is something with a whole in it. unfortunalty as is usually the case the car is not in warranty. if you stand facing the fron of the car it is leaking from the right hand side level with the right hand side of the intercooler. is there an easy way to see down there or is it a on a ramp and pull off all the plastic gubbins?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
its probably the rad to hose connectors they can unclip or wernt clipped in properly last service/time

IMG_6830.jpg

^^^^ this is the rad connection im talking about

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
cheers rashcupra, looks like a trip to the local garage as i need a ramp. cheers for the info boys will let you know once is sorted.