Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Note, I've re-edited the above since PCBBC implemented a method where you didn't need Obdeleven Pro / VCDS to change the traffic TMC code, they did that within the module. If you do have Obdeleven Pro / VCDS and you are taking the car abroad and want the RR solution, then use option a. Obviously good for people visiting the UK who want TMC working on their cars. Option b. is good if you aren't travelling abroad from the UK and want TMC working again.
Hi @Tell , I was just wondering if it's possible to get 'online' Traffic Info with the wireless/hotspot connection on MIB2 High?

Tell

Staff member
Hi @Tell , I was just wondering if it's possible to get 'online' Traffic Info with the wireless/hotspot connection on MIB2 High?
I have a suspicion not, you have to register for the paid service and since it was never offered on the Seat Mib2 High you can't. I believe it's VIN based on the other brands like Skoda. They never rolled out connected services to Seat Mib2 high but did on Skoda, VW and Audi.

• Sad
Reactions: Walone

Tell

Staff member
@Tell am I right in thinking the none OBDeleven/VCDS workaround can only be done on a specific map version (v12 mentioned which I believe is 1310?), I couldn't apply it to the latest one I have which I think was 1910?
They change their map provider with the mib2 standard with the current ones, everything above V12 doesn't support Inrix, the only UK TMCprovider now. So you need to go back to V12 (1430) to make it work. Mib2 high has the bells and whistles in it. No OBDeleven work around is required on the mib2 standard a clever guy altered elements so you didn't have to do that. All above. But you do need to go back 3 years to that map. You can have two VAG cards and slot the one in how you feel at the time. Might have it's uses. Opted for that in the Arona. Mib2 high in the Ateca.

Reactions: TheCraftyBugger

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
I have just followed Tells instructions and I am delighted to say that I now have TMC reports again on V12. I will now be using the two card method in my mib2 standard unit in my Arona.
Thanks Tell

Reactions: Tell
Jul 25, 2023
Germany
Suspect it might be reorganized out by Skoda.

In zip form the overall.nds file is attached. You need to unzip then it goes in as step 9.

Steps:

1. Download the latest standard MIB2 maps
  2. on the infotainment go to settings, safely remove, sd1 card
  3. remove sd1 card from glove box slot
  4. long press on the on / off to reboot it a couple of times
  5. insert sd card in to computer
  6. copy and paste all contents to a directory on your computer
  7. Format the SD card keep it as fat32 and leave format settings as default in file explorer (don't forget to push the card lock mechanism to off) (ditto in a MAC or delete all from the SD card)
  8. Copy the new downloaded map version to the SD card (after unzipping it)
  9. Replace /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with the one from the original SD card
  10. eject the sd card (on a MAC run CleanMyDrive on the SD card - then eject)
  11. Inserted the card into the card 1 slot in glove box whilst infotainment is off
  12. power on and go to navigation
If using a Mac best to use Keka and CleanMyDrive. 7zip if using a PC.

NOTE. A conversation with Falcon93 beyond this post where I'd posted up the wrong copy I had. I ammended it and this one is the year dot as far as Seat is concerned of the Overall.nds file that "fixes" all releases and the solution worked.
Can i also use the file for a vw mib std2?

Jul 25, 2023
Germany
I recently bought the mib std2 without a navi sd card and then got myself an original vw navi sd card, unfortunately this error keeps coming up as in the picture. Maybe you can help me because I've asked in many forums but nobody could help.

Attachments

• 20230722_165207.jpg
    20230722_165207.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 103

Tell

Staff member
I recently bought the mib std2 without a navi sd card and then got myself an original vw navi sd card, unfortunately this error keeps coming up as in the picture. Maybe you can help me because I've asked in many forums but nobody could help.
You could try the zip file attachment in this post:

That one is the very first release that the thread posters found on the overall.nds file when we were looking back in history. That's the fix it to all issues if the unit is moved beyond the release it's suppose to be on and you didn't do the workaround but as I said for VW I didn't think you needed it. See the attachment I added when the files vanished.

It could be your system was never prepped for the card. When cars were sold with mib2 standard in Europe they were prepped ready for the card to be installed. You just popped the card in and that unit hooked itself up to the card release. That's how Seat worked. If yours is a Seat unit then may be it was matched up to an early release. That file in the attachment is the earliest as I said so fixes the lost card issue on Seats.

VW and Skoda map cards work in the unit so it's not that you need a different card. The CID on VAG cards are universal.

Jul 25, 2023
Germany
I have a vw unit and i already tried the overall.nds file from the .zip file...same result.
I don't know if that's important, but the unit was patched from China to Europe in 2013 according to the software update history. I already tried to updated the firmware from 0478 to 0480 and reinserted all FEC/SWAP-Codes but nothings works.

Tell

Staff member
Mib2 wasn't out in 2013, 2015 so that doesn't feel right for mib2. You could try the firmware thread:

The mib2 firmware experts are over there.

Tell

Staff member
Ok mib2 high Europe and the Rest of the World (RoW) map are out. ECE 2024 November 2023. See note at the bottom and link for people that want to to use the June 2024 ECE 2024-2025 file that appeared February 2024. Early release but probably the final.

Europe

The November 2023 release is out now via an early release which is most probably the final release given the files are saved as April 2023 which is the normal lag in production, testing etc. It's believed they are from Audi servers republished on enthusiast mib2 boards. You need the life long FeC as always for mib2 high.

Given the release is SLA1 signed it hasn't been fiddled. You check the signature bank so if no code is below it, it's 100% original.

20231025_152227.jpg

Release 350.

The official version is now available:

VW servers (27th November 2023) (Mib1/Mib2 high) (preferred link)

https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P350_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z

Skoda servers (~26th November 2023) (Mib1/Mib2 high)

https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P350_EU_202345.zip

------

Mib2 high only early release if that takes your fancy (14gb rather than 32gb of the combined mib1/mib2 high release). Might be best to use Chrome and poke it if the download needs restarting.

Mega.nz(copy from Audi portal)
https://mega.nz/file/D7gRnTQS#bs1ghZILdz3-DOJ2Vafc9aePn_l9SDbRTJ8jyPslBO4

Any of these files can be used. Although there appear to be teething issues with Skoda so best to use the gold standard VW link.

All the normal warning about using Macs and the need to use CleanMyDrive apply if you do. Its that crafty signature seals the integrity of the download. Macs put extraneous character in which cause the verification to fail.

The resource covers standard and mib2 high. Mib2 high navigation FeC check and how to change them if need be.

Audi apparently always offered the file in two if not three flavours. Mib 1 and 2 high combined, which we are used to on the other brand releases.

Europe:

Albania*, Andorra, Austria, Belarus*, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo*, Latvia*, Liechtenstein, Lithuania*, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova*, Monaco, Montenegro*, Netherlands, Northern Macedonia*, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania*, Russia*, San Marino, Serbia*, Slovakia, Slovenia*, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey*, Ukraine*, Vatican City
* partially

BAlmGE-iKgWSLnDjljWmbPoWFAU-1920.jpg

RoW

VW portal: https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P353_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z

Use VW in preference to the Skoda one below - issues reported.

Škoda portal: http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P353_ROW_202345.zip

Argentina*, Australia, Bahrain, Botswana*, Brazil*, Brunei*, Chile*, Indonesia*, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lesotho*, Malaysia, Mexico*, Mozambique*, Namibia*, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines*, Qatar, Reunion*, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Swaziland*, Thailand*, Turkey*, United Arab Emirates

b-C5PeJBQ3Wehv_km57WMX_HF4c-1920.jpg

Credit MartiniB of the Briskoda board for the file links.

Currently, as of 26th November, the Mib2 high link file for Europe works and is fine. The Skoda link for the RoW unzips OK and probably is fine - haven't tested it - need to be out there. On Seats you need the life long FeC to use these - see resource. Audi is the same. Skoda and VW come with the life long FeCs pre installed. The Skoda Mib1/mib2 high file now unzips - haven't tested that one.

Note:

For those that can't wait till June 2024 you can have the next release now... See

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
MIB1std, Panasonic units
Vag must have made the mib1 chargeable beyond 2020 and got this one out. Audi still apparently fitted mib2 highs beyond 2020 so the 5 year rule it's suggested might keep mib2 high free beyond 2025. We'll see. It's TTs apparently.

Mib1 Inrix you code TMC group to 14 in it to get it work as long as the map table supports it. If built the same you would expect. Current releases do. Only mib2 standard you use old maps and the modified file as posted up for that above. You'd have to gamble the £150.

Tell

Staff member
I've edited in the rest of world link in for the mib2 high November 2023 (ECE 2024) link, version 350, the latest into the above.

I'll edit other brand links in when they become available but as we know the release works across the mib2 high platform whatever the brand if you have the long life navigation FeC installed. Canny people use the first link published as some of the VAG brands are slow to publish. Seat sometime.

Skoda currently has an issue with their official European version 350 which was released. Doesn't unzip correctly. Identified by Skoda users and withdrawn, but the above are fine to install. We should see the VW file links by the end of the month. We await sight of the mib2 standard files. They haven't been spotted on any platforms yet.

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I've edited in the rest of world link in for the mib2 high November 2023 (ECE 2024) link, version 350, the latest into the above.

I'll edit other brand links in when they become available but as we know the release works across the mib2 high platform whatever the brand if you have the long life navigation FeC installed. Canny people use the first link published as some of the VAG brands are slow to publish. Seat sometime.

Skoda currently has an issue with their official European version 350 which was released. Doesn't unzip correctly. Identified by Skoda users and withdrawn, but the above are fine to install. We should see the VW file links by the end of the month. We await sight of the mib2 standard files. They haven't been spotted on any platforms yet.
I downloaded the file on Briskoda yesterday, the Skoda one, and as you say it doesn't unpack properly, lots of errors. The size when unzipped is nearly 200mb smaller than the 330 maps.

Tell

Staff member
Post 2736 about 😉.

Why I'm intrigued these files are put together by firms contracted out to VAG. It's possibly that a hobbyist type of operation could manufacture them but expect the company that got the original contact from VAG are marketting them which is what East Yorkshire Retrofit is selling or they are produced from some East European operation.

2020 is when mib1 updates came to the end of the free update line on Vag cars. Only free where mapcare was provided or scrapped on the specific brand. The end of the updates is when the new mib comes out plus 5 years. 2015 for mib2 + 5 years gives end of life of 2020 for mib1 and that's how it was until East Yorkshire said they could sell the 2024 mib1 standard update above.

Either a small operation is producing these or Vag decided they would commission further updates. Not a question of a screw driver and a software tool but the generation of the files, no mean task and a contract with the map cartographer for the files before processing into Vag format if legitimate honouring the copyright. It's possible some specific model of vehicle they have been produced for commercial reasons and spilt out across the range.

Intriguing why they have been produced when we thought mib1 standard map updates were dead.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.