Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
I have yet to try the Sport 4, still trying to get rid of my "Power Plus". Been using Shell V-Power diesel for the past 3 tanks and stopped using the additive to see what it was like.

For those of you that ave double-dosed on the Millers Power Plus, are there any noticeable differences to the single dose, apart from making the tank of fuel more expensive??

Thanks.

woodyTDI

Jan 29, 2007
Essex
Where are the best places to buy this stuff? is it any good and what are the real improvements? Im new to the fourm and just got my first tdi so as much info as poss will be great!

Dean

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
at times i struggled to get 350 out of a tank!!! and it only a 1.9!! now i can get >450 miles easily, so i do think it is worth while.

worked it out for 3/8 of a tank used and added couple ltrs on for filling to brim - worked out at ~55mpg. 450miles per tank seems little at this rate, but i think tank seems to empty quicker from the 3/4full mark!!could be just me being a bit mental about it or something!?

Last edited:

woodyTDI

Jan 29, 2007
Essex
Im like that, you fill it right up and it dnt budge, but once it moves, it just keeps falling! quicker than u thought it would everytime lol!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Was thinking i was on my own on that one!! I fill up in the south of Ireland, 99.9cent/ltr, ~65p/ltr, had to put ~£15 in during weekend to get down to work and fill up on monday again, now using sport 4 i get the full week and red light not on by that stage!

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
You only used to get 350 per tankfull? Do you drive up hills all day in low gears? Most LCR's are only a few miles behind that per tankfull. I'd consider resetting the ecu and driving it with a bit less hammer if it was me. I'm getting 620 miles per tank if i drive at the speed limit everywhere and take my time getting there. If i drive it hard i'm seeing 500+ miles, so something must be wrong with yours!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
if i remember back to then, it was a lot of short journeys, hada trailer on for some of the time, reset ecu 2wks ago, and it is a very hilly road to work and back, mountains and the like. i do take notions of hard driving, so all didnt help, 450 is easy, even with some blasts, but mostly normal driving.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
well going from what has been said in this whole thread and my own experience of it would go for it to try, it also acts a fuel system cleaner using a double dose, some people use double dose a lot of the time every fill-up to get even better results. give it a go and see how it goes!?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Well, I'm 50/50'ing 5 litres of the stuff with someone I know off a local VW forum. Getting 12 250ml specimen/sample bottles in (hopefully unused :D) to put my 2.5 litre share in. Means I can just keep a couple of bottles in the car, and keep the rest at home.

Wonder if I should send one of the bottles to my G.P pretending to be ill? I can see a bottle of sport 4 being analysed in a lab and me being rushed off to hospital for emergency surgery of some sort. :D

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
Still looking for a stockist in the Warrington area. Struggling to get my local motor factors to order any in (Warrington Motor Parts) :shrug:

Might try DRB Car Spares (A1 Motor Store).

Goot :)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Goot, why not buy it online from FasterOnline ?
That's where I bought mine from, I got 5l but they do ther smaller size too and postage is included in the prices. Fast service too.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
My local factor (ALS on marsh barton, Exeter) has just got some in, but it's over £10 for 500ml, so I'm kind of glad I got 3 litres for £30 off someone who bought it in bulk. :)

Edit: And using it now in mt first tankful. The economy and lack of smoke is startling! (I shouldn't say "lack" make that "a fair bit less" :D)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.