• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

mike.c1979

Guest
IS the HID conversion an arse to do???

Does it mean taking the headlights out again?
 
What would you suggest?
This is one area where I have literally no experience of
 
I didnt know that they were different hehe. In what way are they different?
 
I thought that the rings were going to stand out more. I have just had them on in the dark and they look good I think.

I want to do the HID conversion I think, but dont want a total fart on doing it. I was hoping that there would just be a "plug and play" kit
 
Pat, I think that the standard ones in the Leon are H7. Does that mean I need to get a HID kit with H1 bulbs???

Is it just a case of making the holes for the headlights and sidelights bigger for the HID kit?
 
i should have used quotes, i was asking in response to post #1 :)

I see what you mean.

MIke .. some of them come with smooth rings and some are dimpled ... that might be what you mean.

06052008219.jpg


Clear smoked one compared to a dimpled one.
 
Mine are dimpled, look as though they have small led's in but actually dont hehe.

I think the bulbs are a bit yellow too, so I can either shell out on a HID kit that I would have no idea how to fit, or a set of the ultra white buls from a motor factor.

I like the idea of the HID kit, but dunno whats involved in fitting it. The ebay sellers seem so confident that you can fit their kits in 20-40 minutes. Is it just a case of making the holes in the back of the headlights bigger to fit the HID bulbs?
 
there is not better person to get advise on this than Pat :)

His ones are amazing...he said he will give them to me for free as I am such a nice person.
 
Mine are dimpled, look as though they have small led's in but actually dont hehe.

I think the bulbs are a bit yellow too, so I can either shell out on a HID kit that I would have no idea how to fit, or a set of the ultra white buls from a motor factor.

I like the idea of the HID kit, but dunno whats involved in fitting it. The ebay sellers seem so confident that you can fit their kits in 20-40 minutes. Is it just a case of making the holes in the back of the headlights bigger to fit the HID bulbs?

I have an old dead bulb i can send you if you like - that will tell you if the bulbs fit without modding the light holders.

If they fit ... then HID are easy to do. 40 minutes is about right to fit HID. It's exactly as above. In the ultra it's even easier as you don't have a solid rear light cover like the standard lights.
 
Right, so Pat.......

I have the Ultra Angel Eyes fitted. I want to buy a HID kit from Diane Shop. Which kit is the best and I should fit?

What exactly am I going to have to do to get them to fit?

Cheers Pat

(Will buy you a beer if your coming to USC orEdition 38, Im sure Anthony will have mentioned it)
 
Was watching a set of these on ebay earlier but wasn't sure about the dimples in the "halos"
But seeing yours on they look good, although id split mine and spray them black inside rather than chrome.

Fook wish i bought them now!!!!!

H1 hids should take you 15 minutes a side to fit, projector lights are made for HIDS imho.

I got my HIDS of ebay but with a slot smaller ballasts than regular ones usually have.