Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I didn't do a write up mate no, its fairly self explanitary though to be honest. Will be taking the front bumper off again though soon to do a big clean up as used the car to get to some country fishing venues and looks like i have been off roading so will take some pictures and a guide then for anybody who wants to have a go.

The pic's would be good mate. I'm fairly happy that the actual fitting is straight forward enough but it would be very useful to see the completed install.

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
This is couple when i was doing it.
002.jpg
[/IMG]
001.jpg
[/IMG]
The bottom pipe is easy and took longer to strip the car down and get the old smic off than to fit the new intercooler and the bottom pipes. The awkward part is routing the top pipe under the os headlight as it's bit cramped for space when you fit the map sensor housing in as well.

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
The 2 1/2" ally pipe is too big to go under the headlight(not by much)so it has to be slightly pressed in a vice or something. Doesn't really reduce the bore much just puts an oval section in the pipe so it sits perfectly under the light.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
Rob I'd say the quality would be better from the other guys but if a stone goes though mine ill get a new one for £70 and I wouldn't be happy if hat happened to a forge or pa cooler.

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
Thats exactly right. The difference in my opinion is one is made to be a direct fit and the other has to be made to fit. If i was in the position that the cost wasn't an issue i would just pay for someone to fit me a forge kit but then as i'm not in that position this is a great option. All in all if i would have had everything for the job when i started it would have took day and half tops i reckon, so at that price can't really be overlooked if your willing to get your hands dirty and get stuck in to it.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
at bedford track day yesterday, everything was perfect, i lost boost on a cool down lap but a pipe at the of the charge pipe popped off, other then that its solid. at this stage as im not remapped it wont be that worth it as the standard coolers would of done the job but worth it for the future.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
Going to amd for the map as its close to me. You just need a helmet for track day. Have a look in the track day section of the forum. There is a full gude on there. Also google easy track. Lots of info on the net.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
Going to amd for the map as its close to me. You just need a helmet for track day. Have a look in the track day section of the forum. There is a full gude on there. Also google easy track. Lots of info on the net.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Here's a tip for those of you who are using pipes with no beaded ends to stop the hoses from blowing off. Get a tube of instant steel epoxy putty, like this one below, from the likes of B&Q etc.:

http://www.sylmasta.com/acatalog/copy_of_Epoxy_Putty_Stick.html

Rough up close to the ends of the pipe with sandpaper, roll some of the putty into a thin line and press into place around NEAR the end of the pipe, to create a bead all the way round. After one hour it's as hard as steel and is now a bead. The hose helps to hold it in place so there is no danger of it coming off.

I did this to one of my pipes after cutting it and it has never blown off. Now I've had the pipe powdercoated the bead is permanently sealed.

ForgeMotorsport

I know you will say " well your gonna say that arent you " but the diifernce between the ebay stuff and what we use is night and day different , as I said before we test 3 - 4 air cores before we decide on which one to use , we also look at speed of cooling , speed of air through the turbolaters , The E bay cores have place and are good value for what you get and pay for .....we use the same internalls is our intercooler fin construction as the Bayer cores on the Porsche engines ....still this DIY set up is nice and good work

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Forge sound scared, lol.
As Forge and everyone has said, theres a place for both in the market as with all products. there will be people that want the best that money can buy and there will be people who are willing to compromise a bit to get an upgraded product to increase there cars capability. Its just a shame that forge didn't build a cheaper product for the masses.

Well done Nev, its good to see people going for stuff like this, I like to try and inform myself of the best I can get for my car. Not everyone want this for there car or cn afford this for there car. We need people giving new and valid info to this forum, theres too many people taking information and help and not giving anything back.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members