Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
I know you will say " well your gonna say that arent you " but the diifernce between the ebay stuff and what we use is night and day different , as I said before we test 3 - 4 air cores before we decide on which one to use , we also look at speed of cooling , speed of air through the turbolaters , The E bay cores have place and are good value for what you get and pay for .....we use the same internalls is our intercooler fin construction as the Bayer cores on the Porsche engines ....still this DIY set up is nice and good work

well said, as i out befor you do get alot better quality with your setup, but id like to see the overall performance differences.

Forge sound scared, lol.
As Forge and everyone has said, theres a place for both in the market as with all products. there will be people that want the best that money can buy and there will be people who are willing to compromise a bit to get an upgraded product to increase there cars capability. Its just a shame that forge didn't build a cheaper product for the masses.

Well done Nev, its good to see people going for stuff like this, I like to try and inform myself of the best I can get for my car. Not everyone want this for there car or cn afford this for there car. We need people giving new and valid info to this forum, theres too many people taking information and help and not giving anything back.

thanks willie. for the sake of £190 it was well worth a pop.

Posts 132 + 134 I still don't know what a 'clans' is?

it was a tipo, he ment clamps.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Just a quick question lads. Im sorting out the shopping list now and wondering about the MAP pipe on the LC. I know the sensor is on the intercooler and wondering if anyone has a picture of where they fitted the forge pipe and if they had to cut it at all. Cheers

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
So is there a link to total build, with pics and shopping list? Saw a couple of picture links but a How to would be fantastic?

Thanks, great build thread....:)

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
When i did my DIY FMIC on the lc i mounted the forge map pipe behind the drivers headlight before the throttle body connection. Had to cut the pipe down to about 4 inches long.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Thank you everitt1980 thats exactly the info i was after. Top man. I thought that i would have to cut the pipe down to get it to fit. Just out of curiosity did u use the 60mm or the 63mm pipe?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members