• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Every Mk4 Ibiza FR and Cupra has the "k03s" turbo capable of 210bhp easily without overdoing it. If your tuner can't get 210bhp from the FR he's doing something wrong :)
 
How safe is it run at that power, as in does it reduce turbo life? I'm asking as I have the milltek turbo back, Forge TIP/Throttle hoses and Split-R, PD160 with Green filter...this is the next mod...sorry for hijacking! :)
 
I dont know if the diesels have the same turbo actually, I'm sure some of the oil burners in here will know!
 
I wouldn't like to run 210bhp without adding an inter cooler.
I think you'd be running some risks...

Saying that I dont know if the petrols have one or not.
I dont think the derv ones do (And I'm ex derv.)
 
Last edited:
FR has the smaller SMIC which should be ok'ish for 210bhp aslong as you dont push it hard for a long time i guess. But I'm deffy getting a FMIC for mine, should give another 10-15bhp aswell :)
 
You know how a intercooler works right? It cools the inlet air! What do you suppose is in that big tube? :p
 
The tubing itself will prolly be over 60c no matter what. A good FMIC can keep the inlet at about 30-40c.
 
guys have you seen how small the smic is? here look at this
DSC00015.jpg
lol thats toooo small if you ask me i am going to get an fmic wen i get some wonga then a map i hope