Help with fitting new wing mirror

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
Evening does anyone have a guide with pics that show you how to remove/replace an electric wing mirroron ibiza mk 4 . I'm hopng its easy as th dealer was only going to charge £20 to fit my new one.

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
I'm pretty certain that if you remove the tweeter from the inside theres a torx or spline bolt behind the tweeter which unscrews & the wing mirror should come off.

I'm afraid i've got manual mirrors unlike some... :cry:

But i wouldn't be suprised if the electric mechanism unplugs from the wiring via a connector.

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
cheers mate you wouldnt know where to start to get the trim removed to get the bits I need do you ?

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Open your door and slide the tweeter pod upwards.

Just don't break one like me & pay £17 for a new one! haha

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
mines an electic mirror mate so i need to get the actual door trim off to be able to get to plug the connection into. any ideas how to get the door trim removed ?

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
mines an electic mirror mate so i need to get the actual door trim off to be able to get to plug the connection into. any ideas how to get the door trim removed ?

2 torx screws at the bottom of the door card & 2 phillips screws behind the door handles, then prise the door card off slowly from the bottom, should pop off.

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
Cheers for the help mate is that all I need to do to get access to remove and replace my new wing mirror ?

Some guides on here are showing guides to remove the interior trim you need to disconect the actual door handle and electrics for the windows etc. I am hoping that it as simple simple enough to remove the plastic trim and then the tweeter box to gain access to what I need ?

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Some guides on here are showing guides to remove the interior trim you need to disconect the actual door handle and electrics for the windows etc.

Pop the window switch or door lock switch out, (depends if its drivers or passenger side).

Take the trim off the door handle to gain access to phillips screws.

Disconnect door handle, & any other electrics.

Happy days!

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
Is this an easy job for an amateur mate or would you recommend I pay the dealer to do it for £20. Can I cause any major damage by doing any of the above or should the window swtich etc just pop easily ?

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Is this an easy job for an amateur mate or would you recommend I pay the dealer to do it for £20. Can I cause any major damage by doing any of the above or should the window swtich etc just pop easily ?

Never done the job myself in my life until a few weeks ago.

Its easy now i've told you the instructions.

Slow & steady, get violent & your break things.

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
i havent got to disconnect a whole load of connections to the immobiliser etc will i mate ?

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
Would you be able to do me a huge favour mate and put togther a step by step guide or idiots guide for what I need to do i'm concerned about the electrics and the speakers if you could manage that you would be a prince amongst men

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members