Whats the differences between the 1.4 SE 5dr and the 1.4 cupra

Ibiza 09

I was jus wondering what the differences are between the 2 cars as i can get a cupra (59) reg 10 miles on its clock for an extra £71 on the insurance!

Can anyon tell me what the differences are please

Dec 3, 2009
I was jus wondering what the differences are between the 2 cars as i can get a cupra (59) reg 10 miles on its clock for an extra £71 on the insurance!

Can anyon tell me what the differences are please

well the cupra is the top of the range model which is a 1.4tsi engine, which has a turbo+super which develops 180bhp and it has a DSG gear box.

Ibiza 09

ok cheers for the link, now i know what it is and theres abit of a difference in power

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
automatic gearbox

i think the bhp is 95 not sure

I think that it is 85PS and it used to get called FSI engine. The DSG gearbox is a manual/auto hybrid concept which allows you to sort of pre-select the next gear so change times can be very fast.

Ibiza 09

yeh i did it on gocompare for them both with the same details with both my parents on the only thing different was the car, i cant remember what insurance group the SE ive got is

Ibiza 09

cupra is insurance 16and my 1.4 SE is insurance group 3 and thats for the year as i pay for my insurance for a year

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
ok cheers for the link, now i know what it is and theres abit of a difference in power

A bit of difference?? Are you crazy? :) Its a world of difference. Have you seen the performance stats of the Cupra? Your talking a normal (all be it very nice looking good quality) run of the mill hatch back compared to a high tech hot hatch with an award winning engine and lighting fast gear box. All for around the same mpg!

You also get:
Sports suspension
Better interior
ESP and XDS electronic handling aids
Cupra body kit styling
-2 doors!
Heated and folding mirrors
Rear tints
17" alloys

£75 extra.. even if it was a month i’d go for it!

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
I think that it is 85PS and it used to get called FSI engine. The DSG gearbox is a manual/auto hybrid concept which allows you to sort of pre-select the next gear so change times can be very fast.

Not convinced it's FSI. Isn't it just what was the 75bhp unit with 10 more hp?
Anyway, it's like comparing chalk and cheese, since the cupra is the flagship
model. Same when it comes to price - you could get an SE for around £10k
whereas the cupra is at least £16k.

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
use 'direct line' to check insurance, none of this gocompare sites...

Don't agree with that at all. Direct line are always hundreds of pounds more expensive for me! At least with comparison sites you get a good indication of what you should be paying. Come renewal time you can also use your comparison site figures to get your existing insurance company to price match.

Leonidas

Its a 1.4mpi 85ps. Same as old 75ps version. SEAT never got the 1.4fsi which was 95ps.

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
am i missing something here? who looks at these two models and compares them ? One is run of the mill supermini, the other is the top of the range hot hatch! with roughly 6k between them. Am i being thick thinking you are not paying for this car? are your parents paying for this car matey?
Surely no one with there own budget would consider two such totally different models? Anyway, go for the cupra! cant believe i put that lol :)

m4rt1n

am i missing something here? who looks at these two models and compares them ? One is run of the mill supermini, the other is the top of the range hot hatch! with roughly 6k between them. Am i being thick thinking you are not paying for this car? are your parents paying for this car matey?
Surely no one with there own budget would consider two such totally different models? Anyway, go for the cupra! cant believe i put that lol :)

lol he is only 18, I am his brother he got the car because I crashed mine and I needed another, and he is driving the se but wants a faster car me thinks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.