Rear Bumper - Removal Guide(?)

Hi,

I've looked through the FAQ's and have done a quick search but it seems there's no specific bumper removal guide for the rear? I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea where all the screws are and if I'll need to remove the tail lights?

I couldn't see many holes on the replacement bumper so I imagine it won't be that hard? But then I thought the front would be a 10 min job, but about 4 hrs later I was still at it!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
ok you need to remove both outer rear lights and the bottom of the boot seal. there is 2 or 4 screws under each rear light. there is 4 or 5 screws in each rear wheel arch (one srcew in each arch is sort of hidden down a hole). then there is 4-6 screws on the underside of the bumper. the should be all the screws then its unclip the top of the bumper and wriggle it off the sliders (easy with 2 people). then unclip your number plate lights before you try to walk off with the bumper!

^^^ Thanks for the guide - Just did it earlier, was quite easy... apart from forgetting to put the wee clips onto the new bumper to grab the screws lol! Had to wriggle it back off!

Got a nice Cupra bumper on the back now... just need the spoiler, spacers, coilovers, BBS LM's a remap, maybe some smoked tints, respray the bonnet to get rid of the chips, an exhaust to fill the big gap at the back... not much!!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
^^^ Thanks for the guide - Just did it earlier, was quite easy... apart from forgetting to put the wee clips onto the new bumper to grab the screws lol! Had to wriggle it back off!

Got a nice Cupra bumper on the back now... just need the spoiler, spacers, coilovers, BBS LM's a remap, maybe some smoked tints, respray the bonnet to get rid of the chips, an exhaust to fill the big gap at the back... not much!!

i made that guide just for you:lol: as its been asked so many times i thought i might aswell as i had some free time!

cupra/fr bumper looks so much better imo!

that a small list look at my readers ride thread and my list is still going haha

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.