Can someone value my Toledo please

Hartigan

Hi all

I would greatly appreciate any (rough) opinions on the current value of my Toledo.

It's an unmodified 2003 52 plate V5 (170) with 85k, MOT, FSH and 3 previous owners. It's in average condition for it's age and is in need of some minor work as the secondary air pump has gone and is making a bit of a noise on startup. It's something most of you guys would be able to sort in 5 mins but TBH I haven't had the time due to kids/commuting etc. and to be honest loathe the thought of paying £300-£400 to have it repaired.

It also has some door damage due to a scrape a while ago but could be put right by chips away (about £100).

I've been given a value of £1000 as a PX so am wondering if it is worth selling it privately.

Parkers give a value of betwen £1400 and £1900 which seems low so am wondering if spending the money on getting the car tip top is really worth it when I might end up only getting £1000 back anyway.

However I read a few threads down that someone paid £1000 for a V reg V5 so am wondering if Parkers is undervaluing my car ??

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

D

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
I think whether you tidy up or not you're only going to get offered about £1K p/x anyways.
Only private sale would help the price go up in my opinion if you fixed the parts that need doing. I'm only guessing but you might get £1.5K to £1.7K. So then you have to weigh up how much to sort it out to get your answer :)

Hartigan

Thanks kewe

I had an idea that that might be the case so is not really worth the bother. A shame really as it's a decent car overall and could be a blinder if someone took the trouble to sort it out.

PX it is then.

Many thanks again

D :)

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Unfortunately Parkers are pretty much spot on with the value, there just isn't any in the Mark 2 Toledo. It was my mates V reg that got bought for a grand, but I only paid £1400 for my 51. So Parkers saying £1900 top end for a 52 is probably about right, if not a little high.

I think your part exchange price is about right.

Hartigan

Thanks for the help guys :)

That's terrible that something with such a huge spec should be worth so little after only 7 years. Even 'we buy any car' quoted £1k so I may well do that and walk into the showroom with cash at least.

Incidentally I bought an 03 plate Civic Type R from new and if I had kept it, it would have been worth £4k now and it cost the same to buy as the Toledo. Shocking.

Still, it's been a nice enough car and I'll miss the V5 block, which is undoubtedly the best bit about the car.

Many thanks again.

D

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
No problem mate, yes it is very depressing how little they go for when you consider the amount of kit on them and how fabby the V5 engine is. I've heard lots of bad reports about 'we buy any car' worth a google and reading the small print. If they offer £1K on tinternet when you actually take the car they will probably try to knock it down again and take of their fee etc etc so you'll end up with about £700 if you're luck. Sorry that doesn't help you much but just a word of warning.

Good luck whatever you decide :)

NickD75

I paid £1500 for a V reg, but it was on the same mileage as yours, better condition (from your description), and had some extras that I thought were worth the extra few quid. That was also 3 months ago.

They just aren't worth a huge amount, and the price range is pretty small between ages. Great for buyers, but bad for sellers who've had them a few years. There are a fair few being sold on Autotrader etc for over £2k, but they have been sitting aaround for a while.

When I was looking around, doggy 51 plate cars were the same money as mine, so I suspect you'd get a little more, worth the effort of selling privately IMO, and extra £500+ is not to be sniffed at

Hartigan

I paid £1500 for a V reg, but it was on the same mileage as yours, better condition (from your description), and had some extras that I thought were worth the extra few quid. That was also 3 months ago.

They just aren't worth a huge amount, and the price range is pretty small between ages. Great for buyers, but bad for sellers who've had them a few years. There are a fair few being sold on Autotrader etc for over £2k, but they have been sitting aaround for a while.

When I was looking around, doggy 51 plate cars were the same money as mine, so I suspect you'd get a little more, worth the effort of selling privately IMO, and extra £500+ is not to be sniffed at

Cheers man.

I see what you're saying but as I said before, it would cost me up to £500 to get the car in a shape that people would be happy to buy so is a waste of time spending £500 to get £1500, when I can PX it for £1000.

Ordinarily I'd spend the time/effort but sadly in this case I'd have to go through all the hassle of putting it on AutoTrader etc. just to end up in the same boat. :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise