Greesha's - imperial blue cupra

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
you wont snap bolts dan.... lightly torqued.

mines coming back off to redo the gasket... sure its leaking, and reconned injectors on the way.

must get me some injector seats whilst its off.

jamiebennett81

adam cupra 20vt said:
cracked manifold?

If it is then best way to tell is go out a thrash the bollocks off it and get the manifold really hot

If it is cracked then it will start to sound a bit tractor like from the heat expanding the crack and it blowing

I should know :cartman:

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Before when it was running/sounding fine I would hear the turbo whistle all the way to full boost, now when I go more than half throttle all I hear is the exhaust and then heavy throttle I hear grrrrrrr

But it's holding boost well on the gauge which is a good sign I suppose.

On cold starts the exhaust sounds very loud...

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Don't wanna hijack this thread anymore so just thought I'd let ya's know my car is going for leak tests, examination of the mani etc next Saturday. Just booked it in. Gonna take the guy for a drive and see what he thinks.

He suspects a leak on the inlet side since the vac on idle is -17 instead of -20, and it's drinking fuel under boost. Says we will find it.

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Today was the brake pad change day (finally).
I also decided to paint calipers blue.

BEFORE

07072010021.jpg

AFTER

07072010024.jpg

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
There will be no more updates in this thread. Car is advertised on here and few other sites. Sad times but i had no choice. Big financial problems... :(

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Thanks guys you were always great help. Most likely i will stay with seat family as im planning to buy Arosa >< ...

... 1.0

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members