My RAID LED rear lights... (56k warning!)

Fahid82

Revo stage 1
Oct 26, 2008
East Kilbride Glasgow
hi peeps! :)

finally got round to fitting my RAID LED rear light clusters today...

raid.jpg

... (after having waited about 3months to get them in from germany!) and id like to say DAN/danthemanwhocan and I are vertually the only 2 ur likely to see with a pair for quite a while i think! :yes: :funk: :whistle:

anyways, first thing first... i know phil/empi5 has told me how fiderly the nuts are on the rear lights... well blooooody hell! lol. thank god i had a special tool, this....

to fish out the nuts (and rachet!) when they fell about a foot or so inside the inner wing of the car!!!

i would honestly say that without this flexable magnet i would have been well and trully fcked! so go to your local pound world and buy one! (yes thats right, pound world!) :)

as for quality of the lights.. i would say they are made well, apart from the fact that my philips silvertec indicator bulbs would not fit inside the indicator hole! [:@] so i had to dremel the hole slightly bigger... only took 10 mins to do, but still! and also u have to make sure u use a powerfull hoover to suck up all the small plastic particles that get into the light clusters.

maybe the philips silvertec bulbs are slightly bigger than normal indicator bulbs? :shrug:

the LEDs look really cool at night i think and these clusters make the rear end look more modern i think :)

a good subtle mod i think!

anyways here are some pics (i even got my tripod out as it was a bit dark and my flash isnt very good, but the night mode is!)...

lights look good mate just wanted to check cos recently bot the same rear lights are the really that hard to change, have u got raids website

Last edited:

Fahid82

Revo stage 1
Oct 26, 2008
East Kilbride Glasgow
just installed my led rear light bloody hell they are hard to get out mines must have been tightened extra tight from the factory had to snap a couple of the screws out cos they was no tread left and it was just turning so eventually got them will post pics later took 2 weeks coming from germany

Pyro

I just spoke to robert at ultraleds 10 mins ago (yes he asnwered the phone!)

and he says their load resistor kit should sort out my problem!

if not i can get a refund as long as its within 7 days... so no problems there! (so its worth a try! :))

he said its a 250w resistor...

load_res.jpg

i tried a 1ohm resistor (not sure how many watts that is) so maybe this one will work.. from wat i told him, he seamed to think so!

so fingers crossed and watch this space!

james :)

Been looking for this for ages npw

Edit: maybe not :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyro

J@mes

Where abouts are the resisters wired in? Could you get a picy please :)

Sam

Pyro

£££££ lol thought you were skint my good man :p you gunna come to the next meet??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.