flip key info thread

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Ahhh :) I used my GF's nail varnish remover and a pin with the tip bent over so I could get underneath - took me a couple of hours while I watched telly. Oh and I used a scalpel to cut the inside edge away, again I was super careful :)

itstaken longer than 2 hours i have cleared top half of the transponder but im now struggling to get underneath it to get it out :(

Doodle@MAU

Local dealers did that for me, I'd already had the key cut and blank transponder coded so this morning was just a case of programming the new remote section.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Local dealers did that for me, I'd already had the key cut and blank transponder coded so this morning was just a case of programming the new remote section.

how much they charge to code it?

Mine just will not come out of my spare key [:@]

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
Cool would be helpful but i dont want to ruin the old key
I've done a piccy to try and help and also show it can be done. I worked from the inside of the key and after a couple of hours had success. I guess it varies how much glue there is?
Transponder-and-Key-1.jpg

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I've done a piccy to try and help and also show it can be done. I worked from the inside of the key and after a couple of hours had success. I guess it varies how much glue there is?
Transponder-and-Key-1.jpg

Cool, Ill keep trying at mine getting rather annoying tbh

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Got the transponder out :D finally lol

but my local Timpsons and he said he tried to cut the key but there machine wouldnt grip the key :mad: so im going to try another one next week :)

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
Got the transponder out :D finally lol

but my local Timpsons and he said he tried to cut the key but there machine wouldnt grip the key :mad: so im going to try another one next week :)
Brilliant! :) In fact I got mine cut by some guy on ebay after supplying him a pic of my key blade. It's not an OE quality blade but it works perfectly - so I'm happy eh :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.