Seat Ibiza (6L): Air suspension and more.....SPLITTING/FOR SALE

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
I think I'll definately get a set when I change car... There was a set for sale at the e38 show as well (probably the same ones)
Are they SLK wheels? So hard to find them

Wilber

Feb 3, 2010
Belfast
They look like SLK wheels. There was a polished set on ED38 not that long ago. They looked stunning but they may be too small? Think there 15s.

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Yeh i heard bad things too, especially off him :lol: was an awesome car, sure yours will kill it aswell!

I have seen them but hes after silly money, think it was 1k last time i looked, can just get them new for that. Been looking more at the mo5's 725 delivered from Reylands and i know they will fit in 7.5 wide. Need to pay stuff off/get saving again though really. Trying really hard not to buy them :happy:

When is the air going on, do you reckon?

Yeh thats crazy money, don't bother. My wheels were half his asking price and it inculded bolts, centre caps and postage!

MO5's would look great on the car. A nice approach aswel as I've never seen a set on an Ibiza before. Give compomotive a ring as it might be cheaper direct from them. Its hard resisting the urge to buy stuff! I wish you the best of luck haha. :)

Air will be fitted mid feb if everything sticks to the plan. I still need to phone Regal up to get everything confirmed but I'm finding it hard to part with the money.

And with regards to fitment, I remember comparing them to a friends seat sport brake set-up and there was no way they were going to fit!

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Sounds like a damn good plan will. The rear end of the ibiza looks so different yet I can't decide why!!:confused:

The wheels look cool but could 15"s be too small?

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
I arrived home from uni last night to find this:
079.jpg

which led to this:
080.jpg

And resulted in this:
081.jpg

A big thank you to Reuben at Tuning Werkes for his help.

Just need to figure out how to remove my old wheel now!

Adam_

Dec 16, 2010
Gloucestershire
Make sure you disconnect the battery otherwise youll have a nice airbag to the face! lol, looks good though better than the one i had!

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Just need to figure out how to remove my old wheel now!
Disconnect battery, turn steering wheel 90 degrees left, shove a flat blade in the little hole on the back, with enough practice it should unclip the airbag. Turn the wheel back to centre, then 90 degrees the other way and repeat.

I forgot what tools I used to remove the actual steering wheel... was a big'un though. Useless info! :lol:

nice car im always looking in this thread but never commented.
with removeing the steering wheel dont remove the battery as the igniton wont be switched on hopefully.
behind the wheel is two holes if you wiggle a flat blade screwdriver in them holes the clips should un do with this the airbag unclips then you disconnected the wire that will be connected to it then you remove the detonator.
make sure you leave a mark on the the splined part of the standard wheel and where the wheel attaches that way you can centre it if you ever fit the old wheel again and your know where the centre is when fitting the new wheel.

Gav_F

Jul 15, 2010
lovingg the steering wheel! and btw youd be crazy not to d/c battery! i mean the likelyhood of setting of the air bag is slim but always a chance!

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Thanks for the kind words and good advice guys.

I had a go last night removing the steering wheel but had no luck finding the clip whilst wiggling my screwdriver around! [:@] So I gave up.

I'll have another go with help from my friend Lee at Sonic Frontiers as he might have a better idea than me.

I also removed the battery just to be safe.......really cant afford to damage this nose again!

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Deposit paid for bagyard struts and easystreet management.

Car will be dropped off with Luke @Plush Automotive sometime this month once the struts arrive. The job includes a boot build, chassis notch, fitting and housing for the management.

CAN'T WAIT :D

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
I've been saving for ages as its something i've wanted to do for about 3 years.

This will be the final modification for the Seat as i'm just going to enjoy it after everything is fitted.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
and the rest alex lol

Nice going mate, cant wait to see it!

Hopefully ordering my wheels from compomotive tomorrow, though im going for a different style haha

Did you get yours direct from comp?

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
I looked into it but at 1k + it just wasn't worth it for me , Same with the seats 500 + Well played for doing it though mate im too poor of a student for that lol! , Smoothed boot black roof and gold wheels and then im leaveing my car :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.