Show off your mk2 ibiza :)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
well Mr Bhaji - San, you wouldnt say thet if you were close up to the standard alloys, they really could do with a refurb, but that will be someone elses job should they wish. actually vac'd it out too ! couple of little bits and bobs to sort , then its concentrate solely on the Goof.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Banded steels look great Mythbuster [B)], bet they weigh abit though :lol:.

John, still looks awesome on the standards!

Craig, :love:

Deffo does still look awesome on the standard wheels!

Thanks Arun, the pictures make it look cleaner than it is. Found a tiny bit of rust creep on the side of the car at the rear arches after I cleaned it :(. Another job to get fixed.

Shut the bloody bonnnet! ;)

*looks good Craig :D

I know, I know :rolleyes: had the bonnet open as I was giving the fiancee's 206 a jump start as I had just changed the radiator and its off the road just now.

And thanks for the comment

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Banded steels look great Mythbuster [B)], bet they weigh abit though :lol:.

Thanks! :D but yeah, deffo weigh a lot more than the 16 inch alloys I had on while the steelies were being banded :lol: Still drives a lot nicer than on the alloys to be fair, lot more stable(then again, alloys didn't fit properly :shrug:)... Seems like it's slower on the steelies as well. Oh well, Slow and (kinda) low for me! [B)]

@Arun: That pic looks epic, almost looks like it's a toy car with the blurry stuff! But yes it does need a polish, badly... Was going to but I decided repainting and doing up the rear quarters was a bit more important. Will give it a good polish soon though. Still, it's not nearly as faded as it was when I bought it!
Remember this... God, seems like such a long time ago, bit more than a year tho :whistle:
Foto0511.jpg

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
@Arun: That pic looks epic, almost looks like it's a toy car with the blurry stuff! But yes it does need a polish, badly... Was going to but I decided repainting and doing up the rear quarters was a bit more important. Will give it a good polish soon though. Still, it's not nearly as faded as it was when I bought it!
Remember this... God, seems like such a long time ago, bit more than a year tho :whistle:
Foto0511.jpg
[/QUOTE]

arun, as mythbuster says, it does look like a toy car but its a fab piccy!

harley

Feb 10, 2011
Got some new shoes so thought I'd better post some new pics :)

Arrived like this
ba0658b7.jpg

Got them painted like this
c483a814.jpg

013ab18d.jpg

Rolling like this
9b1462f4.jpg

f3b3d40d.jpg

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Oh damn! That's a lot wider than mine lol. Mine are 7j and they're exactly even with the wheelarches(left rear sticks out a bit cause the fender was pushed in)... I didn't dare to go any wider for the Dutch MOT and because I wanted to keep my tires, as I wasn't sure wheither it would be safe to put 185's on 7.5 or 8j's(tireshop boss told me it wasn't, apparantly it's completely safe lol)... Plus I don't know if the Dutch MOT(called the APK) let's you have the rim edges outside of the fenders.

But yeah I have always loved deep dish wheels, wheither it's BBS's like Suj had(with deeper dish) or steel. I really love how you did the yellow part, looks really well done. Gotta say I don't see why I've never seen banded steel on other pre-facelifts before though, imho they're made for banded steel over alloys(same with the Mk2 Golfs)...

EDIT: Also, are they 14 or 15 inch? Looks bigger than my wheels?

Last edited:

harley

Feb 10, 2011
Oh damn! That's a lot wider than mine lol. Mine are 7j and they're exactly even with the wheelarches(left rear sticks out a bit cause the fender was pushed in)... I didn't dare to go any wider for the Dutch MOT and because I wanted to keep my tires, as I wasn't sure wheither it would be safe to put 185's on 7.5 or 8j's(tireshop boss told me it wasn't, apparantly it's completely safe lol)... Plus I don't know if the Dutch MOT(called the APK) let's you have the rim edges outside of the fenders.

But yeah I have always loved deep dish wheels, wheither it's BBS's like Suj had(with deeper dish) or steel. I really love how you did the yellow part, looks really well done. Gotta say I don't see why I've never seen banded steel on other pre-facelifts before though, imho they're made for banded steel over alloys(same with the Mk2 Golfs)...

EDIT: Also, are they 14 or 15 inch? Looks bigger than my wheels?

Mine are 15s n I got 195/45 on there stretched on the 8.5s n only slightly stretched on the 7.5s but wanna get some 185/45 all round, the 7.5s sit just inside n the 8.5s sit just outside the arch. I had 16x9j on before but I hated that they were 16s so sold up n brought these on the same day :)

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
You've obviously not looked at my RR ;) The wiper hun :p

TBH, I've heard the mk1 BMW 1 series wipers fit that age VAG, That might look a bit better.... grrr. I need my own mk2 to play with :cry:

no i havent mate i will have to have a look:D
now come on i cant be a member of the anti tail docking squad without a tail can i ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.