Seat dealer runined my car !!!

Jammy78

Aug 27, 2004
Hemel Hempstead
You talking about seat west London brentford?
Tbh mate if you are I have nothing but praise for them , they fitted a new cylinder head to my Cupra last September and did a first class job :) , so it doesn't really seem the same place as the op is describing?

That's the one!

I took my car there 3 times regarding a oil leak, which they blamed a previous service for making a mess for the oil...... hold-on, it was you that serviced my car last. Anyway, I found the leak & showed them. Then they forgot to put back a value or something on the rocker cover, so when I got home... engine was covered in oil.... & they overfilled the engine with oil when trying to find the leak

Now it does sound like something they would do! CS was a complete joke!

My money is still on them as it's like a small dodgy back street dealer!

Last edited:

figolovechild

Leon FR CR 170TDI
Sep 12, 2011
Glenrothes
They have obviously damaged the air-con. They phone you to ask if its ok to remove pipes. When you pick up the car you tell them theres a problem with the air-con and they make out they didn't have to remove the pipes after all??? Yeah right! They know they damaged the pipes and now they are making out they didn't have to touch them in the end. Argh! These dealers make me sick!

Apr 13, 2011
hull
They have obviously damaged the air-con. They phone you to ask if its ok to remove pipes. When you pick up the car you tell them theres a problem with the air-con and they make out they didn't have to remove the pipes after all??? Yeah right! They know they damaged the pipes and now they are making out they didn't have to touch them in the end. Argh! These dealers make me sick!

Agree they don't phone up asking to removing the pipes then change there mind later on there speaking out of there unknowagble back side.

I know what they have done they have gone to remove the pipes from the air con red and found there twisting as they very often do so they decide actually we won't remove the pipes because it will brake them and the rad so we will struggle with them in place not knowing they have all ready done enought damage then when ran up and put under higher pressure they leaked.....
That dealership is useless full of rookies.
Air con pipes very often don't come undone without them braking I know that so they should also they do the same job I do.

Dec 21, 2005
London
I have wrote them a letter and got a response which I am not happy with so may go ahead with my complaint to the royal motor industry and head of SEAT UK not to forget I will mention who this dealer is so everyone knows what they are about.

adam1811

Stockport - Black 2.0 TDI
Mar 18, 2011
Stockport
I have wrote them a letter and got a response which I am not happy with so may go ahead with my complaint to the royal motor industry and head of SEAT UK not to forget I will mention who this dealer is so everyone knows what they are about.

After reading your entire post i feel for you mate. Sounds like a horrible situation to be in, i would certainly be going down Motor Industry / trading standards route to get this issue resolved.

Deleted member 74601

Thank god my car doesnt need another service before its out of warranty. Indys all the way now.

I'd be using indys before the warranty is up anyway, nothing wrong with it.

After my warranty is up, I'll be servicing it myself to save some ££

Dec 21, 2005
London
thanks for all the support guys I have written to the manager and awaiting another reply I honestly regret going to the dealership, I asked the dealer to have my car taken to a SEAT garage with a good reputation or let me take it to an independent garage for peace of mind I want all the work they did looked over as it just was not done to a satisfactory level.

Dec 21, 2005
London
UPDATE !! I spoke to the head of service for there company and he has been very helpful met up with him at the branch and discussed all the issues with my car I ended up buying a second hand aircon compressor for them to fit they have also sorted the engine bay scrathes, realigned my mounts and fitted a new cam belt cover as they had cracked my old one I cant say im happy but at least my cars back to normal oh not to mention they have also agreed to fill my tank up with petrol for all the time wasted and journeys back and forth ,Im hoping they also offer me a free service which is doubtful but heyI do deserve it after not mentioning who they are :)

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
complain to seat UK.

and never use a dealer again.

Agreed, complain to SEAT UK, they are usually very good at sorting things out

I have had 2 occasions of SEAT stupidity, (luckily no damage or adverse effects to car, just very poor service regarding parts and speed), and on both occasions, I was given a free service, at the dealer of my choice

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
where would be the best place to take it then? seeing as though I bought the 3 year service package.

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
where would be the best place to take it then? seeing as though I bought the 3 year service package.

for me I use Hughes in Farnham Common (Slough) have used their service (due to the curse of the Bocanegra) and also their body shop. Polite helpfu and tell it how it is. Tony the w/s manager bent over backwards to help me just before I went on holiday to Florida. They worked so hard for me, I bought the Leon from them cause of their service.

Some say good some say not so, my experience very good. James the SEAT technician actually does give a toss, which from my previous experience at another dealership is rare.

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
Spur Garage in Wimbledon give a decent main dealer service, IMO. OK, Jed is not much of a people person - won't remember you when you pop back later - but he's pretty good with SEAT cars.

M600RKC

Mar 12, 2010
fraserburgh
Here i was thinking it was just my local seat stealers that are a waste of time,it realy gets my back up the way they speak to you like you are stupid and know nothing about cars,i mean to say i served my time at a vauxhall franchise and was a mechanic for around 15 years,the guy that did your t/belt must have noticed the timing was out, it would not have started as it should + at idle it would be very rough i would have expected it to throw on the engine management light aswell,if they have managed to get the timing wrong what else have they done, i just hope they have torqued up your pulley bolts correctly.personally i would not trust them and make them pay up for all there muck ups and get it done by a trustworthy garage.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.