Seat Leon FR TDI - onvi yellow 4wd project (the beast that is no longer TDI)

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
yeah i bet you carnt :lol:, little up date today.... had no clients so i thought id do some work and get this pod finished... what a pain its been, but i think ive got it how i want it now so its just ready to be sprayed and fitted i did a little test fit today and it fits better than i thought it would

/

Last edited:

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
so finally my dampner has arrived and i think im just about ready to put my pod in..... pictures will follow tonight, also managed to sort out my febal attempt of a rear window washer pipe is not reconneted properly... solution... rear window wiper works again and no more wet coner in boot :lol:, also ive been checking out my wiring in my door cards... trying to see if its the same set up as the place ive wired up my boost gauge to, ive sourced the grey wire with blue tracer... though ... no brown ? so my guess is that the red wire with black tracer much be the earth ? theres a red one there which obviously is live then red with black tracer and then grey with blue tracer ... also another one however i carnt remember the colours... so im guessing the grey with blue tracer must the be wire that powers the LED's in the switch, though these wires are only on all three doors expect drivers, drivers on i didnt really go to into detail with as i got the card off and was like woahhh... had a mooch with it all but the wires that go to the main window switches and mirrors is coted in the black "wire tidy" thing so ill need to have a better look at that some time and get that black stuff off and get some new ready for when the wires all go back ;), yeah im up to some thing with these next :lol:, any advice on the wiring would be a huge help and a big thank you.

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
few pictures finishing off and fitted

sorry for all the pictures..... its a bit pic heavy :lol:
could do with a few little bits doing, but up to now im happy with it, i can adjust it a bit more further down the line if i ever end up adding another one.

Last edited:

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
new mod again today :)....... some will like it, some will not, but im happy with it and think it gives the inside a nice look and still fairly suttle :).

ohhh dear whats he up to :lol:

spot the problem :lol:

bit of a clue now :)

the end result.... the bottom speakers could probably do with another l.e.d in there but there fine for now.

carnt acctually see the bottom one lit up here but theres one in there :lol:, like i said some people may like it some may not i just thought it gives a bit of a unique touch inside :), works with the dimmer as well so thats made me happy :).

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
dont worry im still modding :p:lol:, just been really busy latley and also been getting my laptop sorted hence why i havnt been updating.... well things have been going really well up untill today, ill update tomorrow with pictures of the new stuff thats been done, just finished off my interior roof today then decided to take a drive to my mates... on the way some bell end decided to pull out of a junction right in front of me pritty much, my reaction was to swerve to ovoide him.... i wish i hadnt... i moved to get out of the way only to drive into a central island, smacked straight into the curb doing around 25mph... smacked both wheels on my side on the first bit of the curb then smacked again after the gap in the middle (for people crossing) on the other curb, im not impressed.... the result as far as i can see so far ... two drivers side flat tyres and a nasty gash of my front wheel.... im off to get two part worns fitted tomorrow just to get it back on the road im not at all happy ... the wheels im not to bothered as i want a set of 18" cupra r ones however im just hoping and praying i havnt done anymore damage as my car seems to be very very low on my side (i know the flat tyres are a main part of this) just so i dont look stoopid, oh and ive split my front spliter...great, abs light came on however all i did with that was plug the sensor back on and it was fine, ive got my spare on the back and my camber seems to look a bit wild though im hoping thats just because its the spare wheel on there, i dont think i would of bent the hubs (causing the wheel to look like its got whacky camber ?) or at least i hope not anyway.
so yeah thats a small update from today.... not happy as im sure you can imagine.... felt like jumping on the chaps bonnet like a wild gorilla but managed to keep calm with him.

To end my essay on a high... my new things that have been done are...
golf gti arm rest
cupra r interior plastics and also fitted today cupra r roof nice and black
new glow plugs - also eml switched off.
oil change also oil filter
smoked rear lights but very very sligthly... im not sure of the look though might not keep it
indicators smoked too... dont mind these.
interior L.E.D pritty much finished

i think thats about everything up to date, i will put some pictures up tomorrow:)
in the next 2 months..... this car will become very exciting and a good read :D;).... ive sourced some good things also may shock a few people... as well as my self.

p.s sorry for the essay and also you being out of breath reading it :p

Queen Smokey II

Mar 16, 2013
Cheshire
Hi Carl!

Love the Leon!

I feel your pain with the damage to the car :( I'd be gutted too! Is he going to be paying for it? Best thing to do regarding your suspension looking quite low on one side is to nip to a local tyre fitters (ATS or something) and just get them to put it on a ramp to check nothing is bent. and also when you've got your new wheels and tyres get it all Geo'd up just to make sure its all ok and not gonna scrub your new tyres! (i work in a bodyshop can you tell lol)

Looking forward to pics of your updates :)

Steff

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
well after a new cv boot and two new tyres ive found out ive caused more damage than i even thought all becasue of some idiot !!....ive bent my rear suspension axle... and ive also bent some thing on the front ive got some silly looking camber on the rear wheel and also a slightly different camber on the front ... my guess for the front will be either ball joint or the shocker... my mate whos a mechanic said it could be my hub ... but im not all that sure it would be that it looks to solid IMP ?...not a happy bunny... but on that note its made me go a head with my next mod just its happening a little bit earlier than i was going to do it however i might as well as ive already sourced all the parts :whistle:.... big changes will be made now :p

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
all research is done and all my parts are found.... just buying them in now ready for the fun stuff.... my mods list will change drastically now...all good fun good bye bent rear axle.

WProffitt

thank you... shame my rear axle is bent however thats coming off within these two months and will all be replaced ;)[/QU

That's a killer a bent rear beam :-( go through tyres like no tomorrow lol

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
What else can you do to the rear beam other than powerflex and fit coilies whilst you're there? Big rear brakes? Centring plates? I'm pretty sure you're not going to haldex her, you won't have the car for 6 months, and you've got to spunk £3000 on a broken s3 lol! Wish I was fiddling with mine instead of being in this **** desert!

Sent from my iPhone

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
:lol: joshy mate.... ive got a little some thing being delivered to mine within these next two weeks ;).... i would say its a run around... but its not :lol:, then im picking up my new gear box in 2 weeks also.... ive been looking into things and ive had a few ideas... however like i said it changes my plans drastically but in the end it will all work out lovely, im sure youll enjoy the read once done, yeah being in the desert isnt the best feeling in the world been there done that one i bet you carnt wait to get back and fiddle.
P.S sorry for the late reply on my thread, ive been hectic with clients to pay for this little stunt

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
well i get my delivery either tomorrow or Thursday so all i need now is a big memory card for my camera ... plenty of drill bits....and then ill be picking up the gear box some time soon too, rather excited...i think ill be selling alot of my stuff from my car H&R lowering springs not long been on either.

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
okie time for an update.... sorry havnt been on here much to update ive been hectic !! sorting out this project it really is turning into a crazy project now, ill start off with the older stuff and work my way to the new side of things so my first picture will be;

my next little attachment... not for every one i know however i like..

this was all done before i had my brick problem :lol:, im laughing now though at the time i was tearing my hair out....however it will all very soon be sorted so im not going to complain about it now.

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
ok the next update.... which is probably what your waiting for joshy :lol:, i wasnt going to put anything on the forum about this i was going to just turn up at a show and let people find it out but not to worry couldnt really keep it inside :lol:, i may even start a new post for this as my original plans have completely and utterly changed now and think what im doing could do with a new thread but i might even just retitle this one to make life easier :p, so heres a few pictures of what ive been up to...luckily my friends mum was kind enough to lend me the back garden for a week to do all this work :lol: i was fairly impressed with it only taking me a week from getting the car there to the car leaving as well :D.
this is how it turned up to me all ready for me to crack on with :D

p.s sorry about all the pictures i do get a bit camera happy

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
yup :D..... the gear box i pick up next week which ive had all built.... ordering a bigger turbo once its all finished and at the moment ... all the parts like the front subframe and suspension arms and rear cradle and all the bits like that are at a company up here and are being cleaned properly and powder coated... i get them all back next week so ill have new pictures of them to come up too... also just ordered every single nut and bolt for everything to do with what is going back on so all that will be new from audi as well...£280 in nuts and bolts... gulp lol.... polybush every were.. adjustable rear suspension arms ill be buying... and also billet front and rear subframe bushes and a billet steering rack clamp rather than a bush... ill be doing pictures as i go along ... ive still plenty to uploads now :lol: