Seat Leon FR TDI - onvi yellow 4wd project (the beast that is no longer TDI)

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
This is I exactly the same as what my 'cockpit' looks like when I'm fiddling inside haha! Have you plumbed it into one of those pull you back in your seat pipes yet?

Sent from my iPhone

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
not yet i havnt mate no, ill be doing that today when i find the best pipe to use :confused:....i was going to do it the way you have though im unsure i want to be drilling :lol:, though we can upgrade these pipes anyway carnt we ? because no doubt ill just end up upgrading it instead because i know the egr pipe i want has it built in so i can attach it straight to that might be a case of the egr pipe and that one at the same time. though a chap i know who has a diesel van was saying i could attach it to any pipe thats on the inlet but dont fancy just piking any random pipe :lol: would rather get it right first time round

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
not yet i havnt mate no, ill be doing that today when i find the best pipe to use :confused:....i was going to do it the way you have though im unsure i want to be drilling :lol:, though we can upgrade these pipes anyway carnt we ? because no doubt ill just end up upgrading it instead because i know the egr pipe i want has it built in so i can attach it straight to that might be a case of the egr pipe and that one at the same time. though a chap i know who has a diesel van was saying i could attach it to any pipe thats on the inlet but dont fancy just piking any random pipe :lol: would rather get it right first time round

I was going to say get on eBay and order the allard egr delete because its got the outlet for it. A bit of advice as I've fitted both the pro kit and poverty kit lol, spend the extra £20 on the pro kit because you won't have to butcher your boost poor this way....

Sent from my iPhone

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
thanks mate ill deffenitly be getting that one, i read your whole thread last time from start to finish... and noticed in there you were talking about that before so thats the route ill be going down as well, going to just get it attached were i can for now so i have a rough idea then when i get the egr delete ill fit it properly then :)

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
yeah i was thinking this ive also looked at yours and you seemed to have drilled yours joshy right ? is this the most acurate place for a reading or can i put it in some were else with the provided tpeice and get just as good of a reading? thats the only bit i need to do now along with my custom pod which i will be finishing tomorrow ;)

make sure you dont mess it up though, I've used a threaded tap to put mine on, so I drilled a hold a couple of mm smaller than the thread, and then put the threaded tap in so I didn't get any leaks....

KarlB1

Nov 15, 2012
Aylesbury
Get a Liquid gauge instead :p haha, plug into the OBD port and run the wire to the drivers side air vent..job done! :D
Though they are expensive..only got mine because it was a bargain price

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
well just done it all ive just used a bleed nipple and screwed it in... its deffenitly tight mind :lol:, i want one of those liquid gauges as well to be honest the boost gauge is more just for show :lol:, ive just started my car up...... it seems to be working however when the car is on idle the needle just sits there and flickers ?... not the light i mean like just the needle moves up and down (just not huge amounts), any ideas ? there is a fair bit of piping left that i could probably do with cutting down would that be any reason for this ?, thanks guys

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
well just done it all ive just used a bleed nipple and screwed it in... its deffenitly tight mind :lol:, i want one of those liquid gauges as well to be honest the boost gauge is more just for show :lol:, ive just started my car up...... it seems to be working however when the car is on idle the needle just sits there and flickers ?... not the light i mean like just the needle moves up and down (just not huge amounts), any ideas ? there is a fair bit of piping left that i could probably do with cutting down would that be any reason for this ?, thanks guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inline-Re...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3381296632

;)
You won't see the proper boost until you're driving and floor it, should be around the 20psi mark, about 1.5 bar I think

Last edited:

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
20 psi ?:lol:.... mines a little higher than that mind though i think it could be to do with the remap ?, it works nicely to be honest im chuffed with it, just need to buy one of those dampers that you kindly put me a link for ;), even when i do the egr with the pro allard kit and put the boost line in properly will i still need the damper ? im guessing so right.
im just in the process of the fun part now "designing the pod"... though i will admit it is going to be hard :lol:....ive made a start mind heres some pictures so far;

looks a bit tatty so far but it will look better when its finished ;).

Last edited:

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
okie....im back with a few updates to report.... boost gauge dampner has been ordered and should be with me tomorrow or next day id imagine.... my gauge pod is making progress though im not to sure im all that keen on it :lol:, im sure people on here will give me there thoughts on it though bare in mind it still needs a bit more doing to it though ive got the shape i "thought " i wanted and now im a bit like hmmmm :lol:, ive updated a few interior lights with the L.E.D lights also another iffy thing ive done ive put a "cg motorsport" sticker on my front spliter the same one that is in my rear window not to sure on it however, ive also sourced where i can get my seats that im after so im a happy bunny though im looking at £2000 a seat :lol:, also having a huge tiff with my self about my suspension set up not sure wether to go for coil overs or ..... some thing else, ive been told to stay clear of KW apparently not much good though ive always known them to be decent ?, also my birthday soon in may so ill have a few nice bits and bobs to add onto here and take off my tick list ;).

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
lol yeh good point..... heres a little update it will be all finished tomorrow and fitted thats hopefully when my dampner arrives too which will be nice, few pictures of my progress with it tonight, ill also take some of it fitted and finished :D

just needs to be smoothed off and sprayed now:D not sure if im that keen on how long ive made it but its done now so ill see what it looks like sprayed up and fitted inside.

Last edited:

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
Cheers mate, im in two minds with it but ill see how it looks tomorrow all sprayed up and finished, im guessing your originally from Liverpool then and your living here through uni?, im going to be seing some one from Liverpool soon we said we would make a go of it and see how it goes, I also wouldn't mind moving there anyway.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Other way round ;) from Yarm and Uni in Liverpool!
I wasn't sure on Liverpool at first as I'd never been there before, but it's actually quite a nice place and I'm enjoying it - good job too since I have to spend the next 3 years of my life there!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.