My Mk4 facelift Ibiza Cupra TDi

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
My facelift Ibiza Cupra 1.9TDi, got it Saturday, absolutely amazing car. Previous owner was sad to see her go, he is actually on the forums so if you see this Liam, I am looking after her as promised. Having previously had an Ibiza SX 1.2, I cannot believe the power this has, it actually scares me!

Did a full detail on Sunday, didn't have to wash it as it was clean from picking it up, but clayed the whole car (plenty of tar on the lower part of the doors and boot), then corrected some minor scratches before glazing with poorboys black hole and waxing with poorboys nattys paste wax blue. Car is in immaculate condition, not a dent on it, thanks to the former owner(s). Wheels need a real good clean, as some proper baked on brake dust especially on the rear wheels, and the front callipers need polishing up to restore their faded colour (thinking a job for when it's a bit warmer and lighter for longer). Inside is in mint condition.

Has all the facelift goodies, steering wheel controls, mp3 cd player, aux in, rear opening windows, aero wipers, cupra badges on side pillars, boot light woohoo :p

Car has the convenience pack, so cruise control (incredibly useful), power folding heated mirrors and curtain airbags. Took a few pics after work the other day (below). No major modding planned, apart from the boot tray I have put in from my old car, and possibly front strut brace.

Must remember to put diesel in. ;)

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
First thing, boot tray :funk: Incredibly expensive yet essential piece of kit for the boot I think, over £70 at the dealers, got mine off ebay for £30 about 7 years ago.

IMG_0774.jpg

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Little update, firstly, this shows how good the Cupra TDi can be on fuel when driven very sensibly!

IMG_0797.jpg

Secondly, today me and my dad cleaned and re-painted the faded front brake calipers. I say we, he did the painting whilst I thoroughly cleaned the front alloys using Iron-X, clay, poorboys wheel sealant, blackfire long lasting tyre gel, and finished them off with a new centre cap thanks to Dave at Sere via ebay.

Smooth red hammerite for the caliper and smooth white for the lettering.

This is the passenger side finished:

IMG_0800.jpg

And with the cleaned wheel and new centre cap:

IMG_0801.jpg

Drivers side before painting, as you can see, a very faded pink looking caliper, an awful centre cap that has lost all its silver paint, and baked on brake dust:

IMG_0802.jpg

Finished drivers side: (apologies for the glare).

IMG_0803.jpg

Took around 5 hours to do the front 2 with one coat. To be honest as you can't see that much of the caliper behind the wheel you could get away with one coat. However we may go over them again to tidy them up. Back calipers and wheels to be done later on in the week :funk:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Treated my car to some Forte diesel treatment and diesel turbo cleaner last week. Put in both bottles on a full tank last Monday and as I now only have a quarter tank left I can definitely tell there has been an improvement. First off there is literally no black smoke at all coming from the exhaust when I floor it and the car feels much smoother and more responsive. Highly recommend giving this stuff a go!

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
After cleaning the inside of my car today I purchased one of these air con bombs that the previous owner used to use to keep the inside smelling fresh. Used it this evening and the car is indeed smelling good now [B)]

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Stunning car!

I raise your mid 60s mpg however...

udubavyr.jpg

I actually managed this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPELBeQsjd0 the other month, I posted it on here to prove to someone it was possible, they claimed it had reset it half way. I can 100% say that I genuinely got that MPG driving with cruise control on behind a lorry at around 52-54mph for a large chunk of the 18 miles.

Last edited:

winko

Very nice cupra there, if you haven't already then get the EGR deleted/bypassed/turned down. I had it done on mine last week, definitely notice a little difference in MPG especially around town. Can now do 35 in 6th (just) lol.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
A few pics after a clean the other day...

Front shot [B)]

Repainted calipers still looking good :p

Blue main beams that I can only assume previous owner fitted! Look pretty cool [B)]

Looking black :p

Arty exhaust shot :rolleyes:

New caliper nipple covers :D

Quick spruce up of the engine bay :drool:

One last front shot showing the cool number plate holder that the previous owner must have fitted :clap:

Last edited:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
And today's goodies...

Rear caliper release springs

Passenger side:

Drivers side:

Also got the black centre sun visor, will try and get it fitted at the weekend [B)]

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Don't know part number but it looks like the little plastic flap just up in front of the rear view mirror same area as the interior lights if that makes sense

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.