Installing LED footwells (A sort of guide)

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Only just noticed the thread thanking me Jimbobcook...glad I could help.

In case anyone is interested, I did this mod sometime ago and also the white LEDs in the same location and some under the back of the front seats and connected them to the roof light. Basically you get nice white mood lighting when you unlock the car (front and rear) and they fade to off with the roof light.

Dragon1978

Jul 29, 2013

In case anyone is interested, I did this mod sometime ago and also the white LEDs in the same location and some under the back of the front seats and connected them to the roof light. Basically you get nice white mood lighting when you unlock the car (front and rear) and they fade to off with the roof light.

How did you get to the roof light wiring mate, was it a headlining out job?

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
thanks for the wire colour advice , just put these in if any with a early leon or a mk4 golf you will know about the W8 light mod , this uses LED that have a lens so the beam is focused down into the foot well rather than in all directions , a few more pix on my build thread in a bit

url=https://flic.kr/p/mst2qZ]
13426637093_c5f6f53626.jpg
[/url]

Snap! Nicer finish than mine though, i may need a new light :(. Explain more about these lense beam bulbs tho?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East

Which wires do u connect to get additional light to run off interior lights mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Which wires do u connect to get additional light to run off interior lights mate

I can't recall but I think a search will answer it as there are a few threads on footwell lighting.

Found it....positive to the red and black striped cable and the negative to the blue cable. A couple of scotch locks and you're on your way!

Last edited:

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Give it a go....I think it's right...the LEDs are cheap as chips anyway and you've got a whole roll! I even changed mine from warm white to cool white to match the led interior lights. I also changed my window and heater unit LEDs ....now that isn't a mod for the faint hearted!...but you've got the fl so yours is different to mine!

Last edited:

ADzABOUT

Jan 26, 2010
NEAR NORWICH
Give it a go....I think it's right...the LEDs are cheap as chips anyway and you've got a whole roll! I even changed mine from warm white to cool white to match the led interior lights. I also changed my window and heater unit LEDs ....now that isn't a mod for the faint hearted!...but you've got the fl so yours is different to mine!

Cor I bet that was a difficult job (changing heater unit LEDs)

Got any pics rob? I imagine it looks good.........

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
Interesting! Keep up the good work guys!

Let me know how you get on with the white led's on the doors!

I'm just looking at ordering the rest of my interior led's so should have that extra spare one free for you soon enough too!

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
I can't recall but I think a search will answer it as there are a few threads on footwell lighting.

Found it....positive to the red and black striped cable and the negative to the blue cable. A couple of scotch locks and you're on your way!

Well tested this morn and yes it works. God knows how with 2 12v supplies together. Madness. But it works.

Now i need to find how i get the door card off...

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Well tested this morn and yes it works. God knows how with 2 12v supplies together. Madness. But it works.

Now i need to find how i get the door card off...

Ye of little faith!....door card is a pain but you need to take the plastic strip off to expose screws and there might be some along the bottom. The rest will be just held on with plastic clips.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
does the front speaker pull out without having to have the card off if so i can go through that instead.

I took my front speakers out last night without the door card coming off... Guide on the faq section I think...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise