What did you and your MK2 do today?

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Oh on 225/40 front n 235/40 rear if staggered. Mine is lowered too.

Et35's ive been told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
Just updated my rather limited RR thread with these changes
Finally got hold of facelift heater control panel. One of my major gripes with car was having to continually pressing those buttons to adjust the temperature.

Sprayed the door trim panels gloss black.

And finally a nice little touch on the boot badge to go with the yellow black theme on the wheels.

Is this job easy to do ? I do have facelift heater controller sitting in my garage and waiting for fitting ...

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Ok had another go at it. Not brill but looks better.

Before
y9ame5ud.jpg

pu6uvu5u.jpg

And after
e5u2udaz.jpg

byhuzary.jpg

Last edited:

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Oh on 225/40 front n 235/40 rear if staggered. Mine is lowered too.

Et35's ive been told

Should be fine @ the front and 235 on a 9.5 J rear is fine..i had 235/35/19's on a 10J alloy and the stretch was fine and didn't effect the handling, most people who complain about stretch tyres have never run them!!!! as long as you don't stress the tyre bead to far your fine...

I did part of my apprenticeship @ Michelin years ago and I was involved in tyre bead stress tests, you'd be surprized as to what level of sideways force and pressure they can withstand.......

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
Is this job easy to do ? I do have facelift heater controller sitting in my garage and waiting for fitting ...

Yes it's easy enough mate.
Carefully lever the radio/CD unit out with some trim removal tools. Gently does it though.
Then for the heater part there are 4 tx20 screws to remove. 2 are located at the lower left/right of the unit. 2 are located on the underside of the unit.
Then it's a case of releasing the clips around the edge of the unit by pulling the unit free. I stared at the lower left corner and worked my way round the edge until they were all free.

Hope this helps.

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013

I've been looking for a facelift heater control for ages, they seem rarer than hens teeth....where did you managed to get yours from???

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just updated my rather limited RR thread with these changes
Finally got hold of facelift heater control panel. One of my major gripes with car was having to continually pressing those buttons to adjust the temperature.

Are there any differences between the facelift and pre in functionality or is it just ease of use...?

I quite like the look of it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Yeah i dont want to have stretched tyre though mate. And assume 235/40 will rub the rear arches?

Yer 40's would prob rub on a 9.5J, think about it thou a slightly stretched tyre on the rear is not under as much load as you think, the cars FWD so most of the cornering force is being pushed through the front tyre walls the rears are just following the front BUT are under far less stress on the bead as there following the line of the front BUT without the torque and twist levels which are been applied to the front walls...the chris cross wire pattern that's built into the side walls is designed to withstand a lot of stretch and twisting otherwise they'd just split under hard cornering..

My 2pence worth over with........

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
I've been looking for a facelift heater control for ages, they seem rarer than hens teeth....where did you managed to get yours from???

I was checking eBay regularly for a fair while. One popped up a week or so ago so pulled the trigger and treated myself. Very impressed with it.

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
Are there any differences between the facelift and pre in functionality or is it just ease of use...?

I quite like the look of it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Works exactly the same.
One thing I have noticed is the air con is always on when I start the car.
No big deal I guess.
Think I read on someone's RR that there's always resets to 20C when they start there's.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Works exactly the same.
One thing I have noticed is the air con is always on when I start the car.
No big deal I guess.
Think I read on someone's RR that there's always resets to 20C when they start there's.

Sounds OK to me, does it display a digital readout of the temp set or is it just written on the knob turny things? I tried to find a demo of it on YouTube but didn't really see anything of use...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
Sounds OK to me, does it display a digital readout of the temp set or is it just written on the knob turny things? I tried to find a demo of it on YouTube but didn't really see anything of use...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I'll nip out and try and video it now.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise