My Mk4 facelift Ibiza Cupra TDi

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
You've made me paranoid about my car now mate haha!
It's clean as a whistle under boost, no smoke at all but when engine is cold I get a bit of a siren noise. Although my power doesn't spike.
I know what the guy means about the loose connection to rubber hose on the forge pipe (behind head lamp) I had to really clamp down on to mine but there's no issue, it's because the pancake pipe requires some real persuasion to remove and I think the rubber pipe stretches a bit

I will have to fit the pipe myself then, he said it might be a case of buying some more silicon to do it with. I wouldn't worry about the turbo noise, or you would never enjoy driving the car. Mine would whine a lot, to the point where passengers would say "there's a police car coming I think" or "where's that ambulance?" Mine used to smoke a lot but there is barely anything now, I guess because everything is nice and clean and soot free for now :rolleyes:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Well quick update on the turbo saga, ended up going in to limp mode twice on Monday whilst driving to Stoke and back. Did a scan and got an overboost error, so the car is back at the garage again!

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
My girlfriend took some pictures of my car with her SLR on Monday morning and did some editing in lightroom with a few, some great shots. She normally photographs dogs and has her own Facebook page if anyone would care to take or look and or like it :whistle:

https://www.facebook.com/livelovelabsphotography

I spent a good 4 hours on Sunday night cleaning it, washed, clayed, polished with SRP and sealed with Poorboys EX-P sealant.
Anyway here are the pics.

I love the way the new intercooler looks through the bumper :D Shame it was raining, need to get some in the sun, and some at night, but I love the way these have come out.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Well quick update on the turbo saga, ended up going in to limp mode twice on Monday whilst driving to Stoke and back. Did a scan and got an overboost error, so the car is back at the garage again!

Got the car back at the end of last week and all is well so far. The garage said the actuator arm on the turbo was sticking so they have lubricated it and tested it over a 3 day period. I gave it a blast on the M1 at the weekend and also gave it a tough uphill pull on the A38. Once I am 100% confident that this issue is sorted I will fit the Forge hard pipe and polish up the intercooler a bit more.

Besides that I have ordered new Bosch air and pollen filters just to use a discount code I had for carparts4less, so will get them fitted at the weekend. Also ordering some forge black vac hoses and black washer and coolant cap soon.
I am also taking the strut brace off my old SX (the car my parents now have) and intend to spray it black and fit it to mine, the only trouble is one of the bolts has siezed and I ended up snapping my dads socket set trying to get it off :help: granted it was only a cheapo one from Argos.

My idea with the strut brace was to find a Seat Sport lettering template to stick on, spray the black over it then remove the letters so they remain red. Will have to have a look online for a template of some sort. :think:

Last edited:

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Glad you are running without issue now :)

Excellent pictures, the rain shows off some nice beading on the bonnet. Paint looks in really good condition too.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Glad you are running without issue now :)

Excellent pictures, the rain shows off some nice beading on the bonnet. Paint looks in really good condition too.

Touch wood it will stay that way. The beading was good until it got tree sap and bird poop on it!

One of the main things when I bought the car was that it was in immaculate condition, no dents, a few minor scratches and stone chips but very well looked after and well cleaned by the previous owner.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
New Bosch air and pollen filters arrived yesterday.

Used the excellent guide on here:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=266773&highlight=air+filter&page=2

Only managed to do the air filter though as I don't have the right size screwdriver for the screws under the glove box. Will have to invest in some more and better tools :think:

Dirty filter:

Next to the new one:

Not sure how bad that is for an air filter? There were a few bugs and bits of tree in there too but nothing major.

Aug 1, 2011
Surprised the seat dealer didn't change the filter as part of the turbo replacement process.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Still in the garage, the turbo they fitted was faulty and have ordered another new one. Been given a brand new Blue MK5 Ibiza 1.4 TOCA to drive around in for the past week and on phoning the garage today my car won't be ready until at least Wednesday.

Last edited:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Sorry to here. Amazing that Seat can't solve the issue quicker!

They phoned yesterday at 4:30 and said I can collect it before 5:30 but I was at work until 5 and it would have taken me an hour to get there. They then said collect it this morn before 12:30 but I'm at work til 1! So have to wait until Monday now! Hope it really is fixed this time, can't wait to drive a car with some power again, this 1.4 Toca is so slow!

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
I got the car back yesterday afternoon, all was well until 15 mins in to driving the ESP/TCS light came on and wouldn't go off. I scanned the car and found an alternator load implausible signal fault. Rang the garage and they "couldn't believe it". Took it back and he said we are going to fix this now. So he drove it in the garage and they scanned it and tested it and said there is a wire near your intercooler that has come out from the connector. Coincidence they were working in that area and now a wire has come out :rolleyes: Anyway they put some new trunking on the cable and fixed it all back in and now it is fine :D
Had a good chat with the receptionist for an hour about dogs and the service manager about cars. They have only sold one new MK3 Cupra and that comes in next week. The service manager drove the new Cupra for 3 weeks and had to give it back because it was going to "get him in to trouble", he said it's a ridiculously fast car and couldn't speak highly enough about the DSG, his only criticism was that they didn't go to town with the looks, he thinks the front of the car leaves a lot to be desired, when comparing it to focus STs, WRXs, VXRs that "look" fast, the Leon Cupra just looks a bit understated.
Anyway, at least I have my car back now :p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.