Seat leon FR 170bhp CR TDI Tuning Twin channel Box

itsmefishy

Jul 23, 2009
Nottingham
Correction
1. It's either tuning box or remap

Correction.

You said you took the tuning box off and it made no difference. Therefore it's either mapped or it ain't. It doesn't take the brains of an archbishop to work that out!

You said you've been studying engineering earlier, please, stop, cease to engineer. You're clearly showing signs of at least 9 of the 10 forms of full retardation.

FlameRevenge

Oct 14, 2011
Crewe Cheshire
www.youtube.com
Correction.

You said you took the tuning box off and it made no difference. Therefore it's either mapped or it ain't. It doesn't take the brains of an archbishop to work that out!

You said you've been studying engineering earlier, please, stop, cease to engineer. You're clearly showing signs of at least 9 of the 10 forms of full retardation.

Either you overlook the fact that my car was already remapped which was clearly stated in this thread or your just soo full of your self that you just ignored it so you can try and see if you can prove something. Which I don't get.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Correction.

I think he was stating it was either a remap or a tuning box for your car not just a remap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
Correction
1. It's either tuning box or remap
2. Stop focusing on just remap as there are other options out there
3. Taking video while driving should be taken with proper equipment
4. I can use what ever word I like this is an informal site, and I don't care what people think of me lol

Given your impressive engineering qualifications I would have imagined that you would have noticed from the power output graphs that the box did nothing.

The question that keeps cropping up is why you post here if you don't want to hear what knowledgeable people say on the subject and prefer your evidence-free ideas?

FlameRevenge

Oct 14, 2011
Crewe Cheshire
www.youtube.com
Given your impressive engineering qualifications I would have imagined that you would have noticed from the power output graphs that the box did nothing.

The question that keeps cropping up is why you post here if you don't want to hear what knowledgeable people say on the subject and prefer your evidence-free ideas?

This thread started off as me asking if someone had used te tuning box I was interested in, before I bought it, but everyone said don't get a tuning box etc but I said I want to try it out as with a remap you don't have the choice of tuning it off without paying to get it removed. After getting my car on a RR it was then made known to me that my car had already been remapped which is really surprising as I didn't know about it seeing that I bought it 2011 from a dealer when it was just 1 year old. So that meant that the box could not work allot side the remap on my car so I returned the box, I'll give the box another try later on once I find out what map is in my car or when I get another car either way I still like the freedom to just remove it when I want. Or the other solution is to get a car that I can chose what I like, like sports mode or comfort mode a Bently Contonental GT Speed 2 would be nice if someone wants to get one for me hahaha

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
This thread started off as me asking if someone had used te tuning box I was interested in, before I bought it, but everyone said don't get a tuning box etc but I said I want to try it out as with a remap you don't have the choice of tuning it off without paying to get it removed. After getting my car on a RR it was then made known to me that my car had already been remapped which is really surprising as I didn't know about it seeing that I bought it 2011 from a dealer when it was just 1 year old. So that meant that the box could not work allot side the remap on my car so I returned the box, I'll give the box another try later on once I find out what map is in my car or when I get another car either way I still like the freedom to just remove it when I want. Or the other solution is to get a car that I can chose what I like, like sports mode or comfort mode a Bently Contonental GT Speed 2 would be nice if someone wants to get one for me hahaha

One thing you should be worried about mate is the fact that you were sold the car as a cr170 and it was showing that bhp on your rolling road print out with a remap /tuning box , so two things , number 1 you actually have a cr140 and have been mis sold by the dealer or no 2 the car isn't remapped and your rolling road was of a standard cr170 no map and no tuning box , which is it ??
Any tuning box wether its a £50 one or £500 one would show a difference when fitted to a std car

FlameRevenge

Oct 14, 2011
Crewe Cheshire
www.youtube.com
One thing you should be worried about mate is the fact that you were sold the car as a cr170 and it was showing that bhp on your rolling road print out with a remap /tuning box , so two things , number 1 you actually have a cr140 and have been mis sold by the dealer or no 2 the car isn't remapped and your rolling road was of a standard cr170 no map and no tuning box , which is it ??
Any tuning box wether its a £50 one or £500 one would show a difference when fitted to a std car

You do realise that the 170 or 167.7bhp stated by the manufacturer is the engine speed measured from the flywheel and RR measures the bhp at the wheel aka whp right?

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Do you have confirmation from the people who did the RR that it's wheel horse power because it says clutch HP which is completely different?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I would be very very upset if 30 of my Spanish pony's had galloped off between my fly wheel and my wheels , or is that normal ? You tell me ?
Standard mate, transmission loss, just think about them 4wd folk, getting double the loss ;)

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
i think its the remap thats the worst thing here on your car flame, go get it back to standard and see if the box is any better, the map will be stopping the box from working, if it works at all.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Well you can call the GTI awesome team and ask them, but I think it's the WHP which is named clutch on their system

The BHP shown in your graphs clearly says "Clutch power" that IS NOT wheel horsepower.

Your wheel horsepower is probably closer to 140bhp

FlameRevenge

Oct 14, 2011
Crewe Cheshire
www.youtube.com
The BHP shown in your graphs clearly says "Clutch power" that IS NOT wheel horsepower.

Your wheel horsepower is probably closer to 140bhp

I can read what it says, am just saying he can call GTI awesome to find out, cuz the did not strip my car to get to the flywheel to measure the bhp the jugs had it in the RR, and also I forgot to mention it wasn't GTI awesome that pointed out that the car was remapped but Dyno Drive after abit of thought why the box wasn't producing any more better bhp even after the map on the box was updated just for the dyno run.

FlameRevenge

Oct 14, 2011
Crewe Cheshire
www.youtube.com
i think its the remap thats the worst thing here on your car flame, go get it back to standard and see if the box is any better, the map will be stopping the box from working, if it works at all.

I would try that later on cuz am still interested in the box, but if someone with a standard fr cr170 gets the box (not some cheap ebay ripoff) and had it on the RR I would like then to post their results here also

FlameRevenge

Oct 14, 2011
Crewe Cheshire
www.youtube.com
Find a company who strips a car to get the fly wheel bhp and I will give you £1,000,000.

Seriously.

Lol only the manufacturer does and if your pretty serious about giving me the £1mil the I might as well open one my self and get it up and running under 200k buy the equipments for like £200k with all other expenses like £100k then I have make a cool £500k lol