Just Ordered Leon SC FR 1.4

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
Hey guys after alot of reading over the past few months and a few test drives of various cars i've decided on a white Leon SC 1.4 although the test car was a 2.0tdci which drove fantastically well so not actually drove the small petrol engine.

The car was ordered late so it's not going through till tomorrow but i just clicked Seat have 2 choices of white...Which is the better looking? White or Nevada White?

Anyway looking forward to being a Leon petrol driver after 6 years of driving diesels! :D

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Nevada white is metallic

The other is a solid white

It's a personal thing but I preferred the solid white.

And I tend to agree with CC - the 2.0TDi is a massively different animal to the 1.4
I would have driven what you have ordered if your previous cars have all been diesel.

Last edited:

Jay Leon

Oct 9, 2014
I have the solid white colour- however both colours are really nice! Enjoy the car - best one I've had for a few years! Mine is a 1.2 petrol which is fairly nippy , driven the 1.4 also and that will put a smile on your face! Enjoy

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
Let me get this right. You've ordered a small petrol engined car without actually driving one?

Yep, Alot of research though. The engine is supposed to be superb and surely the handling of the car is not going to be a million miles away from the one i drove yesterday?

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
Cheers guys, Would i be right in saying White is an off white colour and Neveda White is bright white with maybe a slight bit of blue hue in it?

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I drove a 1.4 act at the weekend, great engine you won't be disappointed. What Car`s best buy.

Nevada White looks better at night in my eyes under street lights, solid white looks good to and most of the time you won't be able to tell the difference, having said that I would go for Nevada.

Last edited:

KenTT

Yep, Alot of research though. The engine is supposed to be superb and surely the handling of the car is not going to be a million miles away from the one i drove yesterday?

I think you are going to love it. I have the FR 1.4 ACT and fined it a reasonable performer, having come from an Audi TT 225, it also lighter on the nose than the diesel, good fuel economy, very quiet too.

Toon

drives a Leon 1.8DSG
Mar 25, 2014
South East
Cheers guys, Would i be right in saying White is an off white colour and Neveda White is bright white with maybe a slight bit of blue hue in it?

No, not really. The two are quite similar except the Nevada sparkles a bit under strong sunlight. Both are really nice and suit the car well.

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
Cheers again guys...Think im going to go with Nevada.

Those of you with a 1.4 Im hoping to achieve MPG wise...

Town - 35
Motorway - 45
Rural - 50-55

Thats roughly what i get just now with my Astra 2.0tdci 165bhp, Sound about right?

KenTT

I have a very short 6 mile commute, mainly rural. These are the figures I got from two previous cars used for this journey:

Audi TT, 28 - 29 mpg.
Ford KA, 35 - 38 mpg.
Seat Leon 1.4 ACT, 41.8 mpg (still running in)

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
I have a very short 6 mile commute, mainly rural. These are the figures I got from two previous cars used for this journey:

Audi TT, 28 - 29 mpg.
Ford KA, 35 - 38 mpg.

Im just thinking the rural driving i do is to my dads which is a pretty straightish 20 mile country road with not much elevation so my rural driving is prob alot different to most hence the high mpg im expecting :)

Take it you have not long got your car?

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow

Audi TT, 28 - 29 mpg.
Ford KA, 35 - 38 mpg.

Im just thinking the rural driving i do is to my dads which is a pretty straightish 20 mile country road with not much elevation so my rural driving is prob alot different to most hence the high mpg im expecting :)

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
obviously its your car your decision but is the nevada not more expensive? I have the solid white on the golf, it was free, and the special white was £900 i think, 90% of the time its got a layer of muck on it, so I wouldnt know if it was fancy white or normal white? just my 2 cents, but id be looking at other options with the money like bigger alloys or ACC...

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
obviously its your car your decision but is the nevada not more expensive? I have the solid white on the golf, it was free, and the special white was £900 i think, 90% of the time its got a layer of muck on it, so I wouldnt know if it was fancy white or normal white? just my 2 cents, but id be looking at other options with the money like bigger alloys or ACC...

I partially agree with you. I was in the same situation about the colour. At first I picked out Emotion Red which was free of course and after a ton of reading and searching I decided to go with the metallic paint. Firstly I wanted my car to look good than came the gadets. That's why I went for the Leon over Golf because IMHO looks better. Plus the metallic paint is supposed to be thicker because of the extra laquer layer(or something like that, I read a lot of issues about thin layers, chirped solid colours, fading red, etc.).

But as you say, the regular white and the metallic white do look the same when the car is not clean(and that's the most of the time) but between my choice (Emotion Red and Alore Blue) the difference was huge and I gladly went for the Alore Blue.

When taking all into the equation, I would risk the extra couple of hundred bucks and go for the metallic. In our country Solid White cost ca. 250 EUR and Nevada White 500 EUR, so the decision is quite easy when choosing between these two.

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
You'd be surprised how different the 2 colours are when side by side. The solid white is a lot duller and almost a creamier type colour, whereas the Nevada is very bright white.

Your best bet is to look at both colours in the flesh before deciding.

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
I was in the same situation with my FR so I ordered bigger wheels and the solid white. Don't think anyone will look and say it's not that shiney. Now I just have to wait a month on it arriving.

ben5029

Dec 31, 2014
Staffordshire
Just got over 500 miles on my 1.4ACT FR and you'll be pleased with the mpg you get. Think you'll struggle to get 55mpg if they're fun country roads :)

KenTT

It's a month old and now done just over 500 miles.

My rural commute does include going through a busy rural town too, so you will probably do a bit better than my 41.8 mpg.