Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Gave it a wash!

IMG_20151101_165433_zps8yhma7nj.jpg

I like this alot

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Broke down. suspected coilpack. Went to change it for the spare in my boot only to find out it was the wrong one.. limped home for 8 miles. Get 4 new coilpacks tomorrow. Oh the joy lol

minute

Aug 15, 2013
Accrington
Broke down. suspected coilpack. Went to change it for the spare in my boot only to find out it was the wrong one.. limped home for 8 miles. Get 4 new coilpacks tomorrow. Oh the joy lol

In the meantime you can impress everyone by telling them you've had a Subaru boxer transplant, don't put your foot down if asked though because "it's dangerous"

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Yeah sounded just like a scooby. Didnt boot it at all. Had a tail back behind me cus i was only doing 25 mph lol. Car is now in body shop having paint so all good.

Wont be a mark or dent anywhere on it when it is done. Think i have ocd where my paint is concerned lol

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
New clutch, flywheel and release bearing to the tune of 700 quid. It was only the release bearing that had failed grrrr, but it's like driving a new car now and will be good for another 100k or so

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

FandangoDanby

Jul 8, 2012
Fitted a Forge Motorsport TIP and 008 valve with yellow spring. Lucky I did the original TIP had broken at the turbo end, wouldn't have stayed on much longer in that condition!

briscoe

Apr 16, 2013
Caliper refurb done! Just got the rears to do now when the weather allows.

Some pics of the refurb!

Before:

During:

After:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Got my new glow plug loom from TPS (038-971-782-B) but turns out it's the wrong loom ��
I only found out the number once I'd stripped out for space
image_zpsrgkmyhnq.jpeg

The new loom came with 2 wires but mine has 4 wires and number is 038-971-220-D
image_zpsoht0sayj.jpeg

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
New rear Fabia wiper blade fitted and also ordered a new glow plug loom from TPS @ £25
We're you having running problems before looking to change the glow plug loom?

Mine has the usual cold start/lumpy idle but seems a bit rougher than usual on idle even when warmed up...

Sent from potato.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Nah, had a EML come on and scanned it - glow plug #4 fault, changed all 4 plugs but still had same fault code come up. Decided to change the harness as this is a common fault as well.
Will see if this clears the fault

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
So I got new (correct) glow plug harness from TPS, £39:
image.jpg1_zps1dei9gpu.jpg

Decided to wrap it in waterproof tape to make it more OEM:
image.jpg2_zpsafulbe9w.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsdowdtwd7.jpg

All plugged in and routed as original:
image.jpg3_zpswngpjn3q.jpg

I ended up cutting out as much of the original loom as I could, it was well taped in so just left 2/3 in the tray!!!!!!!
Just managed to get everything back in as the rain came on in force :cry: so will scan 2moro to see if the fault has cleared :whistle:

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Nah, had a EML come on and scanned it - glow plug #4 fault, changed all 4 plugs but still had same fault code come up. Decided to change the harness as this is a common fault as well.
Will see if this clears the fault
Glow plug relay switch is also common

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.