FR Useless reversing light

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I used to feel like this until I fitted an LED. It really changes it, last night I was reversing in a pitch black car park at Silverstone and I saw a man with a pram. Good thing I changed the bulb because I don't think I would of seen them otherwise

Any links to what you fitted please? I take it that if a car has the full LED tech pack that the reverse bulb is still a standard 21w bulb.

exmgman

Nov 30, 2009
Useless reversing light

I have a tow bar fitted with a reversing light connection for the trailer. Considering fitting a small foglamp low down alongside the tow bar. My trailers don't have reversing lights anyway. Think this might be the solution.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I have the LED Interior Kit(the way it's sold in Ireland at least) that comes with the Alcantara seats.

Only non LED bulbs are reverse and rear indicators and the glovebox. Everything else is LED. I'm using a Cree bulb in the reverse light and it works a charm. I put Osram Diadem in the indicators because I just don't like orange bulbs.

Getting the light units out is a pain though.

Hi Baron, thanks for the info!

s200rey89

Jan 21, 2016
North East England
What reversing light!?...lol.

It's terrible. However, I've got the reverse camera do dah and that helps considerably but still not really a solution to such a crap reverse light...

Last edited:

PaoloB

Jul 10, 2016
Maybe a stupid question but do these led's not burn the inside of the lens?

PaoloB

Jul 10, 2016
Yeah suppose they're not on for extended periods. For a relatively low outlay you will benefit.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Yeah, heat shouldn't be an issue, and as long as they're decent, well-manufactured ones they should last a long time.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I ordered the abd linked indy and reverse leds. Fitting should be relatively easy thanks to how-to's on this forum ;) wish me luck

HazeTaze

Aug 31, 2016
I saw a guy on youtube that used vcds to change so that he had 2 reverse light. He used the back foglight as reverse light. And coded the led to increase when fog.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
have to say I don't think the cree LED made my any brighter, just whiter. Different sort of "not bloody bright enough"
Got a long-ish drive with a fence one side and a flower bed the other.
Not hit the fence yet, but some of the flowers have suffered....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise