OBDeleven modifications

D3RV15H

Sep 16, 2016
Welling
Haha. Think I quickly glanced over and saw a date from when someone joined and not the actual post date! :lol:

Mines on a 66 plate, so not the newer facelift model. That's one of the things I wanted to do the most. Will be gutted now if I can't get it to work.

There is another option that says to enable OEM alarm, could it be linked with that at all?

D3RV15H

Sep 16, 2016
Welling
From what fastnfat said it seems like the only way it'll work is by being enabled using the long coding method and then selecting it via the in car menu? I've not got pro so I can't even try! What a bummer. Really wanted to get that enabled!

D3RV15H

Sep 16, 2016
Welling
I'm purchasing the pro version today so will try the long coding later and try to enable through the car infotainment system. Will post outcome.

D3RV15H

Sep 16, 2016
Welling
Just to let anyone who still wants to know I managed to get the alarm chirps to work on my vehicle! It is a 66 plate FR.

To note, it must mean that something is not configured correctly in the apps section. I did the long coding (which isn't really long at all to be fair) and it does work.

There are two things that you enable via the app and then you need to go into the infotainment system and activate (as fastnfat has mentioned before).

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Just to let anyone who still wants to know I managed to get the alarm chirps to work on my vehicle! It is a 66 plate FR.

To note, it must mean that something is not configured correctly in the apps section. I did the long coding (which isn't really long at all to be fair) and it does work.

There are two things that you enable via the app and then you need to go into the infotainment system and activate (as fastnfat has mentioned before).

Do you mind posting the long code if you've got it to hand? Might give it a go see if it annoys the hell out of me

D3RV15H

Sep 16, 2016
Welling
Do you mind posting the long code if you've got it to hand? Might give it a go see if it annoys the hell out of me

This mod will make a chirp sound when closing, opening vehicle if alarm is installed:

Module 09 - Electronic control unit. Code (31347)
Adaptation
Signals of response
Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung entriegeln --- Activated
Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung verriegeln --- Activated
Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung global --- Activated
Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung signalhorn --- Activated
Submenu - Menuesteuerung akustische rueckmeldung --- Activated (On-screen menu)
Submenu - Dauer der akustischen rueckmeldung vom einfachhorn --- Normal (No alarm) or Kurz (With alarm)

(The bit where it says 'signals of response' is actually worded a bit different on obdeleven. When I next mine I'll post what is actually is if you haven't done it by then)

If you're still struggling let me know. You'll get there soon!! Haha :D

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
This mod will make a chirp sound when closing, opening vehicle if alarm is installed:

Module 09 - Electronic control unit. Code (31347)

Adaptation

Signals of response

Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung entriegeln --- Activated

Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung verriegeln --- Activated

Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung global --- Activated

Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung signalhorn --- Activated

Submenu - Menuesteuerung akustische rueckmeldung --- Activated (On-screen menu)

Submenu - Dauer der akustischen rueckmeldung vom einfachhorn --- Normal (No alarm) or Kurz (With alarm)

(The bit where it says 'signals of response' is actually worded a bit different on obdeleven. When I next mine I'll post what is actually is if you haven't done it by then)

If you're still struggling let me know. You'll get there soon!! Haha :D

Worked a treat! Thank you

D3RV15H

Sep 16, 2016
Welling
Park pilot if you don't have it
Stupid ignition alarm off(when ignition is on, door open)

Literally having nightmares with the ignition alarm off....Has this been done successfully?! It's the last thing I want to do but I just cannot get it to work? When the car is in anything but P when I open the driver door it still beeps!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Alright just done my one chirp sound :)

Small screenshot guide
OBDEleven modification
Unit 09
Adaptation (31347)
1zeh6wm.png

68eo8i.png

15zo7wp.png

Red marks is whats been changed and this now working on my car i can tick setting in car menu
v5iqo7.jpg

;)
My manufacturer year 2013 FR edition

Last edited:

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Literally having nightmares with the ignition alarm off....Has this been done successfully?! It's the last thing I want to do but I just cannot get it to work? When the car is in anything but P when I open the driver door it still beeps!

Yeah I did it, can't remember if I did it with the app and there was something weird about having to have the doors open or closed(try both) long code it not is

1-module 17(25327)
2-adaptation
3-ignition active message exciter(change to no display)

Hope that works, as I say try with doors closed and open hopefully one of them works

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Yeah I did it, can't remember if I did it with the app and there was something weird about having to have the doors open or closed(try both) long code it not is

1-module 17(25327)
2-adaptation
3-ignition active message exciter(change to no display)

Hope that works, as I say try with doors closed and open hopefully one of them works

The app says ignition on and doors open, if the app doesn't work do the same but through the code :)

D3RV15H

Sep 16, 2016
Welling
The app says ignition on and doors open, if the app doesn't work do the same but through the code :)

I've tried both methods. I originally tried the app, didn't work. Then proceeded to do the long coding, didn't work.

When you say about having the doors open or closed. Do you mean like the driver door needs to be open when I make the changes for the ignition alarm to be disabled? Every time I've tried it my doors have always been closed....

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I've tried both methods. I originally tried the app, didn't work. Then proceeded to do the long coding, didn't work.

When you say about having the doors open or closed. Do you mean like the driver door needs to be open when I make the changes for the ignition alarm to be disabled? Every time I've tried it my doors have always been closed....

Yeah that's right, that's what the app small print says

D3RV15H

Sep 16, 2016
Welling
So it's sorted. All along it's been working. When ignition is on and door is open it does not make a noise. I was expecting for no sound to happen when the car was in reverse or neutral and you open the door. (sometimes when I reverse park I open the door to check the kerb etc and the silly sound goes off in my ear!) Haha

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
Has anybody had a letter from the royal mail asking for details about their obd11 purchase ? Bought mine October last year, just had a letter but I'm not sure what they are trying to establish:blink:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.