OBDeleven modifications

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
If it's not too far for you I would highly recommend Mr tint in Dennistoun. I would also add if your lucky enough to have the sun roof get the sun strip on the windscreen. He also does spy vision on the lights if that's something you'd be interested in. Though be warned I did remove it from my front lights when winter set in. As much as it's road legal I did notice a discernable drop in vision over the winter.

Its only 9 miles from me was looking at them as well, dont have the sun roof

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Mine is a 14. Is this going to be the case with other apps as well? Not sure it was worth the money at this point.

Try doing it manually through adaptation instead. Using the manual adaptation method takes a bit longer but it's free so it saves you 10 credits which means you can keep changing or experimenting with the settings as many times as you like without having to pay anything :)

I have just taken the following instructions from the description under this YouTube video and translated them to English:-

Beep / Alarm when locking and unlocking the car

With this mod you can make a sound signal with the horn when closing, opening or in both cases.
  1. Module 09 - Electronic control unit. Code (31347)
  2. Adaptation
  3. Signals of response
  4. Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung entriegeln --- Activated
  5. Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung verriegeln --- Activated
  6. Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung global --- Activated
  7. Submenu - Akustische rueckmeldung signalhorn --- Activated
  8. Submenu - Menuesteuerung akustische rueckmeldung --- Activated (On-screen menu)
  9. Submenu - Dauer der akustischen rueckmeldung vom einfachhorn --- Normal (No alarm) or Kurz (With alarm)

NOTE: Just make sure you take a backup or make a note of the original setting values first so that if anything goes wrong you know what factory values to set them back to again.

Last edited:

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
That's the thing I dont want to risk doing any of the long coding stuff. Can't be bothered and don't trust myself not to mess something up. While point of getting was that I dont mind paying a little for the easy option. I'll keep looking at a few things just a bit of a bummer the first thing I tried failed so comprehensively.

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
It's handy enough to do mate. Just take your time and ideally have the guide on another device so as you're not going back and forward from one screen to another. And as said above note what the original settings were just in case.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
And there's a point.....Is there a check box on your screen that needs ticked to activate the chirp ?? I can't remember if mine did or not.

Stringster

Mar 30, 2017
Yes, I was caught out by this. After activating via OBDeleven you need to turn on via your screen. Easy enough to find - under car settings somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Had a look in my car settings. Opening and closing would be the sensible place for such an option but alas nothing. Wish I could try out something else to see if it works but I have no credits.

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Hold the on /off button on multimedia in for 10 seconds or more ....Loud pop through speakers but don't worry should restart once released.

Stringster

Mar 30, 2017
I can't post the link, but Google 'obdeleven alarm activation' and it's the second result from VWRoc.
Guided me to the screen settings.

Or page 16 in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Just used another ten credits turning the thing off now. Hard reset done nothing. Appreciate all the help guys but I'm about ready to resign this thing to the mistake pile. It does some cool little things but the interface is clunky as hell.

PRF2k

Feb 16, 2017
Karlstad, Sweden
Got it working now by using the adaptions. The app didn't seem to work. You are absolutely right about activating it the infotainment screen but it's after activating using the adaption section. Cheers for that. Btw the FR for the UK market gets an alarm fitted as standard(didn't realise this until today) so just get a chirp when arming the alarm

How did you do it? :cry:

D3RV15H

Sep 16, 2016
Welling
Sorry to reopen an old post but I've recently received my OBDeleven and can't seem to get the alarm chirps to work? I've enabled it via the my apps section and it says on but it doesn't sound when I lock/unlock and I do have an alarm on the car.

I've also managed to get the needle sweep to work so just wondering what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
It's not old so don't worry, just dormant haha. As for the alarm chirps I think people(me included then I gave up) were having trouble on the newer models, what year is yours?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.