How old are we Cupra owners?

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Sorry, beat you slightly.... 55 ... But have been rebuilt several times :rofl:

It must be a thing with us children of the sixties, but I have had quite a few upgrades installed over the years........... :lol:

sorry Biker, i'll be 57 this year!. the 280 is sooo much fun, even for an oldie.

Don't be sorry mate, I am happy not to be the eldest..........:D

And yes, the 280 is a fantastic car :D

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
30 here in three days. Have considered moving over to a three series quite a lot recently however. One of the main reasons I opted for the cupra is that it can look very unassuming should you wish it to and the five doors and interior space have been very practical. I do wish they had roof rack mounting attachments though.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Blimey! You guys under 30, how can you afford to buy AND insure it? You leasing it? I'd be living the dream if I was able to get myself in that sort of car back then.

I'm 34 with a modded mk2 FL Leon. My first Leon was a mk1 SE 13 years ago that was second hand with a load of miles on it.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Blimey! You guys under 30, how can you afford to buy AND insure it? You leasing it? I'd be living the dream if I was able to get myself in that sort of car back then.

I'm 34 with a modded mk2 FL Leon. My first Leon was a mk1 SE 13 years ago that was second hand with a load of miles on it.

PCP makes cars pretty accessible now and for not much interest either. I'd never be able to save up £25,000 to buy a new Cupra, but I can finance one very easily.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016

My insurance is £500 P/a with my partner as a named driver and modifications noted to 370bhp.

What I spend on my car finance is probably the monthly cost of going up clubbing and pinning it between 17-24 so I'm used to never seeing that money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Had a modified MK2 FR when I was 29. Bought it new and paid off within two years, ended up keeping it for six years.

Intervening gap of three years in a V6 Jaguar XFS.

Now at 38 I have a cupra 280ST which will again be paid off in a couple of years once I'm no longer being crushed by nursery fees of a grand each month ;)

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
Biker, I can beat that, 57 this year, Cupra 290 DSG, Monsoon Grey, all the bits apart from a sunroof and ACC, great car, does what it says on the tin! Very pleased with this car. Owned SEAT Cars since 1996, no major issues to date.

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
18 year old stuck in a 43 year old body.
15 plate 280 st.
Only been driving for 10 years as all my mates were boy racers back in the day and I always got a lift when needed so they drove and I drunk :D

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
46 when my new Cupra 300 arrives.

Despite my age I'm still acting like a kid and getting my nephew to install some side skirts on it when it arrives. Have to keep up with the youngsters!

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
46 when my new Cupra 300 arrives.

Despite my age I'm still acting like a kid and getting my nephew to install some side skirts on it when it arrives. Have to keep up with the youngsters!

Also thinking of adding side skirts, splitter and making the exhaust sound like a 280bhp car exhaust should sound.
Then maybe a stage 1 when the warranty is up.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members