Crazy Fuel Prices!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Many other drivers did seem to be adopting a more economy-focused driving style though - presumably to get the most mpg from their fuel.
I noticed a similar trend on a jaunt round part of the M25 on Tuesday. Traffic was surprisingly light, but many people appeared to be cruising along at a rate just quick enough not to get tangled up in the HGVs - apart from the occasional Tesla driver wafting past at 80 with a superior look on their face :LOL:

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I've noticed that the traffic around Edinburgh has been unusually quiet. I've just paid over the magic £2 per litre for Tesco Momentum. Grim times indeed!

I drive a lot of Toyota hybrids at work, it's looking like a viable option! The new Yaris is a superb car, hoon it around and still get 60mpg!

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I've noticed that the traffic around Edinburgh has been unusually quiet. I've just paid over the magic £2 per litre for Tesco Momentum. Grim times indeed!

I drive a lot of Toyota hybrids at work, it's looking like a viable option! The new Yaris is a superb car, hoon it around and still get 60mpg!

Do the Toyota hybrids still make a disgusting droning when stepping on the gas, as if the engines struggling and moaning?

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Yeah, the older CVT boxes did make a racket but the new ones are surprisingly quiet! I've had a Corolla with the 2.0 184ps engine and it's surprisingly quick!

I prefer the Yaris though, the whole package seems to work better in that car. They're surprisingly very good cars!

Reactions: H Rafiq

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Odd days indeed! Tesco Momentum now more expensive than V Power in my neck of the woods....

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I don’t drive a high mileage these days so usually only visit the filling station every 2.5 - 3 weeks. When I was filling up this last week at my local Tesco and saw the price displayed on the pump, I initially thought I’d picked up the dispenser nozzle for the more expensive Momentum 99 by mistake! 🤣. I hadn’t; it was just that the price of normal unleaded had gone up around 7p a litre since I last bought petrol 😮.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I don’t drive a high mileage these days so usually only visit the filling station every 2.5 - 3 weeks. When I was filling up this last week at my local Tesco and saw the price displayed on the pump, I initially thought I’d picked up the dispenser nozzle for the more expensive Momentum 99 by mistake! 🤣. I hadn’t; it was just that the price of normal unleaded had gone up around 7p a litre since I last bought petrol 😮.
Bet that was only last week?
It seems to go up 7p a litre every week at the minute. :mad:

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
All they have to do is drop the masive government fuel duty they put on and job done , wholesale prices have actually come down but for every £1 you put in the government take about £0.50 - £0.60 which is ridiculous but knowone ever mentions that for some reason , that means that when you put £100 in your car about £55 goes in Mr Johnson's pocket lol and nothing to do with wholesale prices .

Reactions: Peller
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.