AndrewJB

Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

w8scc

Kasper the K1
Apr 16, 2009
Leicester
BLuetooth built in? I can accept calls using "phone" button on the steering wheel and also end calls using steering wheel. Plays call through the speakers. Vagcom fix? Thanks again.

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Yes, the Bluetooth module is under the seat. :) In that case, you might need to go into the Navigation (radio) module and explore the Bluetooth situation with vagcom.

w8scc

Kasper the K1
Apr 16, 2009
Leicester
Ah.... lol. Ok, so in that case, do you know what coding could be or anything like that? On a seperate note as you can help me, looking at buying a rns510 unit now to put in my K1 and move the rns310 to my tdi. So the k1 has the large MFD all works fine with that. I take it all rns units will work if the car has already Bluetooth installed under the seat? What would I have to do to install the rns310 into the tdi which is not Bluetooth to make the Bluetooth work?

both are 2008 cars btw. Does anyone know if the RNS510 will work fine in the Bluetooth enabled car. Thanks all

elnigel

Nov 25, 2002
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Visit site
Massive longshot question (and I know this thread is mega old) I recently bought a Cupra with a rns310. I really want to do the upgrades but have no access to a cd writer. Anyone got the updste CDs still gathering dust somewhere. Happy to pay a sensible price for anyone happy to post them to me.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Jamie_T_APLBMX

Sep 6, 2013
Massive longshot question (and I know this thread is mega old) I recently bought a Cupra with a rns310. I really want to do the upgrades but have no access to a cd writer. Anyone got the updste CDs still gathering dust somewhere. Happy to pay a sensible price for anyone happy to post them to me.

Fingers crossed!

I’ve been on the same hunt for 6 months now haha.
I’ve kind of given up

If you do find anyone. Give me a shout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elnigel

Nov 25, 2002
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Visit site
Ok, I'm thinking of asking around at work to see if there are any more competent it people. I'm ok if you can stick a spanner on it!

If I get the discs burnt I will let you know.

racyironman

Dec 2, 2017
Hi Andrew,

I appreciate that this is an old thread. I have just purchased a 2010 Seat Leon FR 211 DSG and it is running firmware version 212. I have tried to download the first two updates to take the system to 351 and I keep getting messages that the file is corrupted and therefore I cannot burn the images to CD. Also neither of the first two zippy share files require any password to unzip them. I was wondering whether you could re-upload the files for me or suggest another way to upgrade the firmware. many thanks in advance.

Umar K

Nov 5, 2017
I tried the firmware update on mine the 0351 disc install went smoothly and it ejected the disc, so I took it out and I pressed finish, I then got a white screen with a message saying update process active please wait phase 1/3 then it sounded as though it was trying to load the disc so I put it back in again and was stuck on that screen for about 45 mins in the end I tried turning the ignition off and back but the screen was stuck. I had to remove the connector from the back of the unit to prevent it from draining my battery. I reconnected it now but it gets stuck at the seat media screen, so it looks as though i’ve bricked my unit, oh well it’s a good excuse to upgrade to a rns 315, lol.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I tried the firmware update on mine the 0351 disc install went smoothly and it ejected the disc, so I took it out and I pressed finish, I then got a white screen with a message saying update process active please wait phase 1/3 then it sounded as though it was trying to load the disc so I put it back in again and was stuck on that screen for about 45 mins in the end I tried turning the ignition off and back but the screen was stuck. I had to remove the connector from the back of the unit to prevent it from draining my battery. I reconnected it now but it gets stuck at the seat media screen, so it looks as though i’ve bricked my unit, oh well it’s a good excuse to upgrade to a rns 315, lol.

From what I remember (and without looking at my original post) there was several discs to be inserted.

Umar K

Nov 5, 2017
When I did the download there was only one disc for 0351 and one for 0357. It’s stuck now and won’t switch on so i’ve bought an RNS315. I’ll probably sell the RNS310 for spares and repairs on eBay.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi

Used this guide to update the RNS310 in my 2010 Cupra R, it worked a treat with no problems at all

Previously running version 0231, now it's running the 0357 version

Thanks
Sorry to bump this up.

Did you ever find a link? I have the same version as you.

Evening gents,

I have a 2010 Cupra R looking to upgrade my RNS310 from 0231 to latest.

Do you have any info on what files to use?

Cheers

Simon

Jamie_T_APLBMX

Sep 6, 2013
Evening gents,

I have a 2010 Cupra R looking to upgrade my RNS310 from 0231 to latest.

Do you have any info on what files to use?

Cheers

Simon

I still haven’t found much else out . I think I have a weird version that I couldn’t find files for.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.