what have you done to your car today ?

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Had a look around for possible causes of coolant loss. Felt round all hoses, felt dry, no coolant crust visible. Temp sender was seated nicely, again bone dry. When I opened cap there was a whoosh and the level rose back a fair bit. Noticed a few black specks in the new bottle (bits of inner hose? Old radiator?)

26B791C5-DC76-4551-94D4-3FC530F4A52D.jpeg

Checked oil filler cap, all good, no signs of milkiness

F85FCC88-69C4-4C92-A546-D80E3D42FFA7.jpeg

Fans working ok, both kicked in when I switched on the AC.

Coolant constantly flowing back in from top of reservoir too, so I’m guessing no blockages either.

9C194014-4E74-4482-9087-90B37A006D9D.jpeg

Is this all pointing at knackered water pump?

Cupra Crispy

Nov 20, 2018
Replaced my bonnet yesterday after some nice human beings dented mine on Saturday night in Belfast. Had been toying with the idea of going for a black bonnet and roof for a while, and I could only find a black bonnet for sale locally, sooo.....
https://ibb.co/5rBy7vY

I think it looks OK for now. I'll live with it for a while and see what I think of the red & black combo.

Last edited:

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Replaced my bonnet yesterday after some nice human beings dented mine on Saturday night in Belfast. Had been toying with the idea of going for a black bonnet and roof for a while, and I could only find a black bonnet for sale locally, sooo.....

I think it looks OK for now. I'll live with it for a while and see what I think of the red & black combo.

I reckon it looks rather nice! If you wrap the roof black along with black wheels... and some good tint. Now we are talking HAWT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee

Looks good but I would’ve got the nose surrounding the front SEAT badge coloured black as well as the roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cupra Crispy

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
My bonnet is worse for wear, keep looking for a matching one for my paint colour but it's awkward. Tempted to get a black one myself.
Not many burgundy ones about. Mine might still be at babbingtons leeds . Could be worth a call...

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Got my wipers working again. It became so slow it wasn't wipping at all, just pushing water all round. So I've dismantle all the mechanism below the windshield and found so damn rusty spindles. Couldn't rotate them with single hands. After hours of WD40 and bench&torch ir finally came loose. Sand it, lub it, try it, and all crazy ok now!

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
So far in my controlled experiment of not ragging my car to work and back (sticking below 3k revs and not exceeding 70ish) this week I've managed to keep the coolant in the system, no beeps. Previously it was going off every other day, sometimes every day. Really thinking it's a failed/failing water pump now.

MPG has remarkably improved too :D

Reactions: BadBoy03