what did you and your mk3 leon do today

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The Cupra is in for a service and was given this brand new Ibiza FR with the 115ps engine as a courtesy car

I was really surprised how good it was, just as big as a Leon inside and that little 3 cylinder engine is a corker!
ac056578f617ad56b3b173f1fbeaf62e.jpg
6c8dcf87b7e574f99153b7782bf1251f.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Yes, they are quite big for a car in a small car segment.

I took my car (VW) in for MOT and service today. They had a new Polo GTI+ in the showroom that I sat in and tried for size. It’s pretty much identical size-wize to the Ibiza, although I think the Ibiza is a more stylish car than the Polo. The Ibiza and Polo have really ‘grown’ over the years - they’re now as large overall as the mk4 Golf I had back in the early noughties.

Nice to see that model of the Seat Ibiza (FR) has a nice set of painted / powder coated alloys rather than ‘bling bling’ diamond cut alloys.

Reactions: Peller

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
My average is about 30 mpg. If you really try you can do a 40 mpg run but not any urban runs.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
So today I got a red flash screen with “LOW COOLANT” pop up. Bit concerning considering my old GTD had coolant issues..

No drip puddles etc. Haven’t digged around properly, anyone know if coolant has UV light sensor bits in it anymore?

Hoping that it’s an airlock, gone to the pub to let the car cool and unscrew the cap... fingers crossed!

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
So today I got a red flash screen with “LOW COOLANT” pop up. Bit concerning considering my old GTD had coolant issues..

No drip puddles etc. Haven’t digged around properly, anyone know if coolant has UV light sensor bits in it anymore?

Hoping that it’s an airlock, gone to the pub to let the car cool and unscrew the cap... fingers crossed!

I have that to, not huge drop on tank. Apparently it’s a “quirk” of my engine model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bgb

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Check the level and top it up, these cars a re notorius for having air locks even from factory. Has exact same thing driving down through franc, panicked as thought it would be the dreaded water pump as I was on 10k miles from new. Topped it up when I got to my destination (thankfully I'd done 95% of the 1,000 mile drive). Then it never used any after that. Done 17k now.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yesterday really...

So massive thanks again to the gents at VAG Manchester and Progressive Parts. Those people following my build thread know my car was under power at the Dyno day, so the car is visiting RacingLine in just over a week. So just to annoy me it pinged for a service.

They don’t normally do services at a weekend, but due to some other projects, @PP Mark agreed to fit me in and at short notice too. So got the Haldex done as well. Filter was not bad after 17k, considering other photos I’ve seen:

85017112_10163051726790068_1649347474084593664_o.jpg

Thanks to also to @PP Gareth for the entertainment, and Tom for all the hard work on the car!

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Yesterday really...

So massive thanks again to the gents at VAG Manchester and Progressive Parts. Those people following my build thread know my car was under power at the Dyno day, so the car is visiting RacingLine in just over a week. So just to annoy me it pinged for a service.

They don’t normally do services at a weekend, but due to some other projects, @PP Mark agreed to fit me in and at short notice too. So got the Haldex done as well. Filter was not bad after 17k, considering other photos I’ve seen:

85017112_10163051726790068_1649347474084593664_o.jpg

Thanks to also to @PP Gareth for the entertainment, and Tom for all the hard work on the car!

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the picture of?

What is a typical cost for the Haldex service and at what mileage should it be done? Thanks in advance.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Worked it out. That's the pump filter.
It is, and dealers say they don’t need doing. Tuners say around 10k. I’ve seen pictures of ones a right mess, but the mechanic Tom thought I’d had it done at it last Service it was that clean. (It’s done 17k without being done)

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
@Damo H @Alorjosh so far good. Seems to just be an air lock! The level hasn't come back much more then just above min line so I shall top up and monitor.

I did read the Golf R engines had this trait from factory, hadn't seen it on the Cupra's. Hopefully that's all it is!

Last edited:

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
Mine has asked for a coolant top up twice until now (18K km). The dealer found no leaks at the first service. I will keep an eye though cause we all know the water pump issues with most VAGs.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members