Remapped cupra r Bam

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Pretty sure Engine can stay in.
Go in from underneath I believe. Better with two people. Thought you’d need to have subframe off but could be wrong

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Pretty sure Engine can stay in.
Go in from underneath I believe. Better with two people. Thought you’d need to have subframe off but could be wrong

cheers, definitely will look into the oversize tip, might even put the decat back on, change the turbo, and see if its any better. But for now i will enjoy the drive whilst i get the bits together

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Just been looking on the Badger 5 site and reccomend using a cone filter instead of standard air box. Anyone use standard (or modified) airbox with theirs? Dont like the look of cone filters.

Reactions: Cupra r 01

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Just been looking on the Badger 5 site and reccomend using a cone filter instead of standard air box. Anyone use standard (or modified) airbox with theirs? Dont like the look of cone filters.
Plenty of people keep their airbox and either get uprated foam filter, or do the whole drilling the box out thing. I personally think my car was a bit spunkier with the airbox becaue if increased heatsoak, but if you're mapping im sure i've read that the higher airflow of a cone or foam filter is essential. Plus with a cooler thats moot. You'd have to get some mapped results to find out the truth and there's plenty of articles out there comparing performance of the two. Suppose its a controversial topic lol

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020

ive often wondered if the standard airbox could be made eff
My two favourite tips.

Ive been reading the comments and reviews about that badger5 oversize tip, sounds like the best bolt on mod you can do to the 1.8t . Will order one next month..

Reactions: Sparkie

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
ive often wondered if the standard airbox could be made eff

Ive been reading the comments and reviews about that badger5 oversize tip, sounds like the best bolt on mod you can do to the 1.8t . Will order one next month..

Yup. Doesn’t do much to a standard car but makes proper gains when you start mapping.

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Fitted new badger5 oversize tip today, dam its massive compared to the one i had previously fitted. Widemouthed the bumper as well, and de-catted, will be putting a new turbo on next and hopefully see if my local remap guy can find a few more horses.

Attachments

• FECB0701-95AD-46F3-BE47-C8F6BAD1AB13.jpeg
    FECB0701-95AD-46F3-BE47-C8F6BAD1AB13.jpeg
    663.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 5ED0D36E-C26E-459F-A609-1440DC38B1F7.jpeg
    5ED0D36E-C26E-459F-A609-1440DC38B1F7.jpeg
    845.2 KB · Views: 114

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Plenty of people keep their airbox and either get uprated foam filter, or do the whole drilling the box out thing. I personally think my car was a bit spunkier with the airbox becaue if increased heatsoak, but if you're mapping im sure i've read that the higher airflow of a cone or foam filter is essential. Plus with a cooler thats moot. You'd have to get some mapped results to find out the truth and there's plenty of articles out there comparing performance of the two. Suppose its a controversial topic lol
Plus with a cooler thats moot?

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Next mods will be new turbo, hybrid, and injectors, struggling to find Bosch 550cc. Does anyone know if these would fit the 1.8t Bam ??? Or any places I can get them from.
Cheers all.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 101

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Next mods will be new turbo, hybrid, and injectors, struggling to find Bosch 550cc. Does anyone know if these would fit the 1.8t Bam ??? Or any places I can get them from.
Cheers all.

Bill @badger5 used to supply them. Give them a call.

Reactions: Cupra r 01

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Bill @badger5 used to supply them. Give them a call.

Well with an intercooler heat soak is less of an issue as without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, found some on eBay, buy it now, 10 mins later they refunded my money... Dam it. Seems like hard work finding parts lately

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
What an Awesome day, my second visit to badger 5 has been very rewarding. Took my LCR there on November 6th, and only achieved 258bhp, as Bill told me i had a chinese crummy hotside on the turbo, causing boost creep, and fmic was also holding it back. I changed hotside back to genuine and fitted an airtec, and Bill has worked some magic, 292 BHP, what an absolute legend, well chuffed and still shocked, as was only expecting 270 ish. He said if the rods had been done he would have gone more !!!! ??

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
That’s mega buddy.
Go on Bill.
Nice work.
Car is obviously in great condition at moment.

Cheers Sparkie, i was only expecting 270, but that just blew me away.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.