Cupra Care

Northbear

Jun 28, 2020
Hi folks how have you all found the Cupra Care package, re warranty did you get official paperwork at time of sale .
Does this get posted out later, also never got free gift of cover for key and bracelet.
confused.

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
My extras were sent out after I mentioned that I hadn't received them. The biggest bracelet size still didn't fit my wrist though!

Reactions: Tell

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
I got the key cover and bracelet when I picked the car up. I don't recall any paperwork, but the dealer hasn't ever asked me for it. Since it comes as standard I can't see that they would query it.

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Sorry to jack the thread but didn't see much point starting a new one given it's a reasonably similar topic.

Can anyone shed light on whether the Cupra Care package is included for a car that is an ex-demo on finance, instead of a new order? I've tried getting info from numerous dealers who aren't entirely sure and it wont even let me try to set up a standard service plan on the online SEAT portal.

TIA

Ian Sturgess

Dec 8, 2019
Berkshire
Sorry to jack the thread but didn't see much point starting a new one given it's a reasonably similar topic.

Can anyone shed light on whether the Cupra Care package is included for a car that is an ex-demo on finance, instead of a new order? I've tried getting info from numerous dealers who aren't entirely sure and it wont even let me try to set up a standard service plan on the online SEAT portal.

TIA
Hi Sam

I have an ex Cupra press car and it came with the outstanding Cupra Care.

Terry99

Aug 2, 2019
Silsden, West Yorkshire
I bought an ex-demo from a Cupra dealer (cash purchase). As normal, there was no CupraCare documentation with the car, and I requested confirmation of cover. The dealer spent several days in conversation with VWFS who administer the associated service plan, and eventually was able to confirm that a proposal had been raised and accepted by VWFS. All I have is an email from the dealer to ’prove’ cover.

I recently had the 1st service at a different Cupra dealer, and they found my CupraCare on the system. I received a copy of the 1st service invoice which showed that it was being charged to VWFS.

Its very disappointing that Cupra have not produced any meaningful documentation for owners regarding ongoing CupraCare, and are only interested in glossy brochures and website pages to sell the cars!!

Hope this helps.

Terry

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
I bought an ex-demo from a Cupra dealer (cash purchase). As normal, there was no CupraCare documentation with the car, and I requested confirmation of cover. The dealer spent several days in conversation with VWFS who administer the associated service plan, and eventually was able to confirm that a proposal had been raised and accepted by VWFS. All I have is an email from the dealer to ’prove’ cover.

Thanks for that. I've finally managed to speak to three dealers (one being Cupra official) and all but one including the sale dealer said it was "A campaign for cars purchased new, and not ex-demo."... The other didn't have a clue and just said there wasn't a service plan on it.

Out of interest, do you know who or what department in VWFS was spoken to? Pretty annoyed with this now considering everyone has different stories and no clear info!

Reactions: Terry99

Terry99

Aug 2, 2019
Silsden, West Yorkshire
Sorry I don’t know who the dealer spoke to. However, I sent him a copy of a doc from a post on the Cupra Ateca Owners group on Facebook, copy attached. Not sure if he used this. It was posted within a discussion thread re CupraCare on Facebook last Summer. Good luck!!

1595872362647.jpeg

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Sorry I don’t know who the dealer spoke to. However, I sent him a copy of a doc from a post on the Cupra Ateca Owners group on Facebook, copy attached. Not sure if he used this. It was posted within a discussion thread re CupraCare on Facebook last Summer. Good luck!!

Absolutely smashing, that's exactly what I was hoping to see. I've contacted both SEAT UK and CUPRA direct, and will hope to have that confirmed!

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Thread necromancy: As a result of reading this thread, and also sending SEAT customer service the screenshot above, I've now had it confirmed by customer services that my 9 month-old ex-demo Cupra Ateca is entitled to Cupra Care (something that the selling dealer - D.M. Keith of York) completely failed to mention. Apparently the dealer has been asked to add my car to the system - I suspect I'll have to keep nagging customer services to ensure this happens! Might be complicated somewhat as I've also chahnged the reg number - we'll see. Then I'll need to see what it actually covers - I'd want mine serviced annaully as a result of the low mileages I'm currently doing. And I'll have to follw up on the roadside cover - Cupra Care seems to offer 3 years as oposed to the usual 2 that I had confirmed.

Echoing the above comments, I don't see whay SEAT can' provide documents (or in the case of roadside, a wallet card, like Audi do) to confirm your entitelment to these benefits.

Reactions: Terry99

skb

Apr 21, 2019
United Kingdom
interestingly i received a physical document confirming Cupra Care for me during handover... maybe they have changed this over the past few months due to issues such as these?

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
I bought mine in March. I didn’t (despite it being the dealer principals ride) even get a handbook. I’ve only email confirmation from customer services on the roadside - I made a point of contacting them as I’d changed to plate. I’ll wait and see re Cupra Care.

Terry99

Aug 2, 2019
Silsden, West Yorkshire
Thread necromancy: As a result of reading this thread, and also sending SEAT customer service the screenshot above, I've now had it confirmed by customer services that my 9 month-old ex-demo Cupra Ateca is entitled to Cupra Care (something that the selling dealer - D.M. Keith of York) completely failed to mention. Apparently the dealer has been asked to add my car to the system - I suspect I'll have to keep nagging customer services to ensure this happens! Might be complicated somewhat as I've also chahnged the reg number - we'll see. Then I'll need to see what it actually covers - I'd want mine serviced annaully as a result of the low mileages I'm currently doing. And I'll have to follw up on the roadside cover - Cupra Care seems to offer 3 years as oposed to the usual 2 that I had confirmed.

Echoing the above comments, I don't see whay SEAT can' provide documents (or in the case of roadside, a wallet card, like Audi do) to confirm your entitelment to these benefits.
Glad that you got it sorted.
I’ve just had the second (annual) service under CupraCare. No problems once it was on the system, but it seems that so many dealers don’t communicate cover properly when doing handover at purchase.
Don’t worry how it’s been set up for service intervals. Just book it in for the first annual service and the technician will reset the service interval appropriately. Like you, I’d also changed reg number before first service. They just looked it up under the old number, and then updated the record.
In the early days of CupraCare, at the brand launch, I understand that some marketing literature that was circulated to motoring mags etc said that CupraCare included any wiper blade changes, all brake pads, brake fluid change, plus 3 services were included (all in first 3 years). Plus guaranteed Cupra (not Seat!) when in for maintenance, plus reserved parking at the dealers, plus 3 years roadside cover.