Looster

Jul 13, 2020
Hi all,

First proper post, so hopefully this is the right place for this.

It was a beautiful Tuesday evening. The sun was shining and I had just beaten a GTI who was battling for first place when merging into a single carriageway. The car was making some beautiful noises as I manoeuvred around the local industrial estate, downshifting through the tunnel and hearing the Rice Krispie gang (Snap, Crackle and Pop). Life was good.

Suddenly, I noticed a hand movement towards my centre console (not meant to sound dirty), and press the driving profile option. Without warning, I was switched into comfort mode. I could hear the outside world, I felt my body un-tense and I was somehow in 6th gear going 35mph. I turned to the culprit, my other half, in pure shock - why had she done this? I looked at her in pure disbelief, as if she had just shot my dog.

Her response was “Sorry, it‘s just a bit much sometimes”. At this stage, I didn’t know what to do - I was in pure and utter shock. I contemplated stopping the car and pushing her out, but instead I gritted my teeth and drove home. Old ladies gave me a smile as I drove back sensibly and quietly, Greta Thunberg giving me a thumbs up at the traffic lights as my stop/start technology kicked into action and my neighbours‘ children remained fast asleep.

Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone have advice on how to prevent this going forward?

Lots of love,
Looster (Leon Cupra 290)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm informed that when I'm driving, I should remain aware the passenger seat doesn't have a steering wheel to hang on to when cornering hard. So thinking maybe racing seats would solve the issue. :unsure:

Reactions: Looster

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
MrsMaypack is banned from touching anything in my car other than the Radio.

She knows NEVER to touch anything that introduces Stop/Start or changes any of the driving modes.

If she wishes to do that she can quite happily go and get in her Leon FR and press buttons all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
My personal fav is when she has the AC on low - eg full and I've got the heating on. You can feel the current swirling round the car - and I'm sure it costs me about 30bhp.

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
I am trying to sympathise with all those with a ball and chain attached as I am yet to experience this pain and anguish due to fact of being an eligible bachelor :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Yellow fr
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.