Glovebox light not work

ile

May 25, 2020
Hi all,

i have Seat Leon 5f1, glove box light not work, try to change bulb but without success, i do not have multi meter to check about power to the bulb,

try to find is there any fuse but not clearly explained , somewhere i see that it is same fuse for cigarette lighter (12V socket) but i test it work,

please any advise or help if someone has same problem. i do not beleive that wiring will be a problem because car is really new, only ~5 years old

i MUST say that on my old one Leon (Mk1) i have same problem but it was problem with mechanism small metal part which connect/disconnect with plastic piece and i fix that

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Try fuse number 8 (10 amp) or fuse number 43 (30 amp) behind glovebox (RHD) or behind little cubby storage next to steering column (LHD).
Also look at the switch near the glovebox lid hinge.

ile

May 25, 2020
Try fuse number 8 (10 amp) or fuse number 43 (30 amp) behind glovebox (RHD) or behind little cubby storage next to steering column (LHD).

thanks will try ,

if someone know or there is some schema how to de montage lid please advise also

ile

May 25, 2020

Can you please tell me where is exactly switch near lid hinge? ( if possible on picture)

thanks in advance

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Can you please tell me where is exactly switch near lid hinge? ( if possible on picture)

thanks in advance
It's just below the relays in the fusebox but may be different on LHD cars.
Glovebox switch.JPG

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The glovebox light normally only operates under certain conditions, like maybe ignition ON or headlights ON, does your glovebox light not come on under any conditions?

Edit:- that was just a thought/suggestion, how/when does that light come on with others who have the same car?

ile

May 25, 2020
The glovebox light normally only operates under certain conditions, like maybe ignition ON or headlights ON, does your glovebox light not come on under any conditions?

Edit:- that was just a thought/suggestion, how/when does that light come on with others who have the same car?
understand mate, i try many ways but not succeed, little scary to de montage whole parts, i try with new lamp

ile

May 25, 2020
Hi, hinge is ok , i remove the glove box ,

one suspicious thing on fuse box is this - see attachment

according the schema which i found on internet see that all fuses are on line

in my case fuse 40 is shifted down , also on schema i see connector there

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 279

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Fuse 40 is for the 12v sockets (or cigar lighter if fitted), when it is in the down position they are ignition controlled, when in line they have a permanent feed.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
If you haven't got a digital multi-meter i would suggest that you get one!
Here is a wiring diagram, hope it helps.
Leon glovebox Lt.JPG
Also note that the metal parts around the bulb on the glovebox light are live + and earth - , they grip the bulb quite tightly and also act as a heat sink i think.

Last edited:

ile

May 25, 2020
i have multimeter and check direct to black an red cable with there is no voltage

• Sad
Reactions: Walone

ile

May 25, 2020
Job is done , sorry for late replay and result ,

but probably hinge was problem all function

thanks for pictures and helping , thread can be closed

Reactions: Walone
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.