SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Tell

Staff member
Today another Unit updated :)

0359 —> 0515

What was your source of the 515 software ?. I drew a blank looking at the Spanish thread although I might have missed a link.

I noticed a few sharks in play in this thread in places claiming that they had the trusted source and others didn't. Presumably the software has a signed SLA1 metainfo txt file like the navigation high updates which prohibit meddling with the source since you can't generate the signature yourself. That's the argument deployed plus if you dont use ODIS it can get reset, but then I recall RCupra said you can only upgrade firmware, not downgrade, so that doesn't stand up.

Is it anymore reliable?. Suppose to fix Android Auto and Carplay bugs.

Did you need VCDS / Obdeleven etc to finish it off or just plug & play... ;) Do you want to right a resource.

Domi1410

Jul 28, 2020
What was your source of the 515 software ?. I drew a blank looking at the Spanish thread although I might have missed a link.

I noticed a few sharks in play in this thread in places claiming that they had the trusted source and others didn't. Presumably the software has a signed SLA1 metainfo txt file like the navigation high updates which prohibit meddling with the source since you can't generate the signature yourself. That's the argument deployed plus if you dont use ODIS it can get reset, but then I recall RCupra said you can only upgrade firmware, not downgrade, so that doesn't stand up.

Is it anymore reliable?. Suppose to fix Android Auto and Carplay bugs.

Did you need VCDS / Obdeleven etc to finish it off or just plug & play... ;) Do you want to right a resource.

I'm a part from a small group in germany :)
we share us firmwares.
you must patch the Unit and then you need to prepeare the Update :)
after you have prepeared the Update you can do it normally via SD Card.
You can downgrade via this method too :)

For the process you dont need ODIS,VCDS or OBDELEVEN.

Reactions: Walone and Tell

Tell

Staff member
I'm a part from a small group in germany :)
we share us firmwares.
you must patch the Unit and then you need to prepeare the Update :)
after you have prepeared the Update you can do it normally via SD Card.
You can downgrade via this method too :)

For the process you dont need ODIS,VCDS or OBDELEVEN.

I once got invited to join a German group since they thought I lived near Trier. Non for profit group?.

Aug 26, 2020
I have this system, i have read alot of this forum but its really confused me as there was lots of different variations. I got the car last week but there is no medialink or full link, Just normal Bluetooth. is there a way to update this to gain more features? if so what features. I also have ambient lighting but cannot select the colour, its just white. Is there any way to change this with the update too?
IMG_20200825_212900.jpg

Domi1410

Jul 28, 2020
I have this system, i have read alot of this forum but its really confused me as there was lots of different variations. I got the car last week but there is no medialink or full link, Just normal Bluetooth. is there a way to update this to gain more features? if so what features. I also have ambient lighting but cannot select the colour, its just white. Is there any way to change this with the update too?
View attachment 17774
Hey you have a mib1 and it doesn’t support much things :) for this you need a unlocked mib2 unit :)
I can offer you one with the newest update and fully unlocked if you wish

Aug 26, 2020
Hey you have a mib1 and it doesn’t support much things :) for this you need a unlocked mib2 unit :)
I can offer you one with the newest update and fully unlocked if you wish
:( how much would it be and what would i have to do when I receive it?

Domi1410

Jul 28, 2020
anything to get carplay and aditional features, also i thought the MIB was part of the screen?
i have a mib2 here already patched with dab and all unlocked with the newest firmware :)
you must buy the screen and the usb port for apple carplay :)

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
How much for the mIB?
I can recommend these guys:

MIB2 retrofit kits include everything you need to upgrade from MIB1 5.8" to MIB2 6.5".

•Full link ✔️
•Sports Displays ✔️
•Bluetooth ✔️
•Navigation ✔️
•Mapcare ✔️
•Latest map card ✔️
•Replacement USB & wiring included too!