Facelift Spec Differences & Options

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
Finally decided to go for the FR I linked earlier in the thread...but someone else beat me to it lol!

The FR Sport is still available. Just tried to post a wanted thread for a set of 17s (either swap or buy) but it says I have insufficient privileges. Is there a minimum post count needed to post wanted threads?
I'd say give it a go with the 18s but if you don't like them I'd be willing to sort out a swap, have the OEM 17s on mine.

Obviously would depend on where you're located too.

Reactions: TomsLeon

TomsLeon

Sep 26, 2020
I'd say give it a go with the 18s but if you don't like them I'd be willing to sort out a swap, have the OEM 17s on mine.

Obviously would depend on where you're located too.

I'm over on the East Coast of Suffolk. Miles away from most places!

TomsLeon

Sep 26, 2020
Far point re the mileage Vs economy, we don't do enough for the low MPG to really be an issue - decided having something with a bit of power and the DSG was more important than saving a small amount each month in fuel.

Ours is in Bohem Purple and think the dark wheels work quite well but can see how they may look "odd" on the lighter colours...

Think the back is the same but the front bumper on the FR looks a little deeper with a more profiled surround around the top of the fog light but beyond that no idea lol - have attached a pic.

Can't help on the coding the keyless out, plenty of helpful and more knowledgeable people here that will know if it can be done though - as above those its easy enough to disable after the last drive of the day. On a side note thats one of the other things I like about the Xcellence Lux, it tends to go "un noticed" and due to the lack of body kit, massive wheels etc most people seem to assume its a small petrol or lower powered diesel.

View attachment 19172

Ah yes, I see the fog surround is a totally different size & shape now you've put them together like that. Mad how it's hard to spot but makes such an overall difference. I do prefer the FR bumper now I've seen that lol, in my younger days I'd have bought the XL and swapped an FR bumper onto it I think! :ROFLMAO: I used to be a 306 guy...had a few Meridians with GTi6 alloys, spoiler and splitter...

It's horses for courses at the end of the day, I've done 'unnoticed' for a while and want a change again. It's not uncommon for me to think the fob battery has died in Tesco carpark while I'm trying to get into someone else's boring black Golf lol, it just looks like 95% of the car park. I did have a brief stint with a couple of 'weekend cars' alongside a daily a few years ago, a 306 GTi6 and then a Mk6 Fiesta ST and that's the effect I'd like again now, but in one single comfortable daily... Impossible? Probably...

IMG_20160618_213108298.jpg

IMG_20160420_194720176_HDR.jpg

The last 'nice' daily I had was a Mk2.5 Focus Titanium with X pack. It rode nicely and had lovely full leathers, privacy glass, xenons etc...but always looked a bit boring compared to a Zetec S let alone an ST. I just feel like history will be repeating if I buy an Xcellence Lux... :unsure:

IMG_20170509_170123927_LI.jpg
IMG_20170509_170248878_LI.jpg
IMG_20170509_170310532.jpg

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Buy the FR sport and if you dont like the 18’s just get a swap for some 17’s or buy some 17’s on ebay and put the 18’s in the shed

Job done. Simple

TomsLeon

Sep 26, 2020
Buy the FR sport and if you dont like the 18’s just get a swap for some 17’s or buy some 17’s on ebay and put the 18’s in the shed

Job done. Simple

Already seen them lol, collection only and not in mint condition either...plus 2 Landsail tyres! If there's one thing I want a car to handle like, it isn't a sailboat... :ROFLMAO:

I am coming to a similar conclusion though...try and buy an approved used FR Sport from a dealer, where they also have a standard FR that they could swap the wheels with...

Reactions: Mr_G

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Already seen them lol, collection only and not in mint condition either...plus 2 Landsail tyres! If there's one thing I want a car to handle like, it isn't a sailboat... :ROFLMAO:

I am coming to a similar conclusion though...try and buy an approved used FR Sport from a dealer, where they also have a standard FR that they could swap the wheels with...
You will find a set no problem, just have to keep looking. They won’t be expensive, should get a nice set for £500 with good tyres.

Buy the bloody FR sport and start worrying later.

• Haha

TomsLeon

Sep 26, 2020
So, I think I've settled on an Xcellence Lux now... :ROFLMAO:

As much as I like the FR looks, ride comfort has to be the priority, that's half the point of changing! I also can't risk buying a car that I can't drive while waiting for a set of 17s. There's always the option of adding an FR bumper in Spring if car shows start happening again next year...can't do anything about ride height without reducing comfort sadly. It will have to be in the right colour though...I'd die of boredom walking across a car park to the silver Xcellence Lux currently on sale at Car Giant... :p It's a decent price if anyone else is after one though!

For anyone that's read through all of the ramblings annoyed at no proper conclusion, I've tried to make a list of differences between FR Sport and Xcellence Lux in 2019 models.

Both cars come with:

Full LED lights
Auto lights, wipers, rear view mirror
Powerfold wing mirrors
Touchscreen infotainment with DAB/sat nav/USB etc
Rear privacy glass
Twin exhaust pipes
Full leather interior, heated fronts
Cruise control
Dual zone climate control
Park pilot front & rear optical sensors
Digital dash
Illuminated logo sill plates
Electronic handbrake with auto hold

FR Sport comes with:

18" alloys
Sports suspension
Sports bumpers
Red stitched interior
Flat bottom FR steering wheel
Drive modes
Paddle shift (DSG)
Gloss black console plastics

Xcellence Lux comes with:

17" black/chrome alloys
Comfort suspension
Non-sport bumpers
Round X steering wheel
Brushed alloy console plastics
Reverse camera
Auto high beam
Lane assist/traffic sign recognition
Adaptive cruise control
Kessy keyless entry and push button start

Think that's it, though feel free to add anything else!

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Does the FR Sport (but not FR) not also come with adaptive dampers (DCC)? This is kind of wrapped up in drive modes but the FR has these too.

TomsLeon

Sep 26, 2020
Does the FR Sport (but not FR) not also come with adaptive dampers (DCC)? This is kind of wrapped up in drive modes but the FR has these too.

So, the dealership have suggested the FR Sport has got DCC - is there any way to prove this without physically looking at the dampers? I can't see an extra button in the centre console as there is with VW's?

TomsLeon

Sep 26, 2020
Someone on here must be able to confirm 100% which cars got DCC?

2 months on I still haven't bought one... The Xcellence Lux with a 2.0 TSI is just too rare so I'm back looking at FR Sports...

Just came across this and really like the colour...as well as obviously being the correct engine and trim level. Should I be worried about the mileage though? 20k on a 19 plate? Also, anyone have experience with Listers? Particularly with delivery as it's over 100 miles away. I've seen that they're offering parts discount on here...guess that doesn't cover cars though! :D

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage so long as the car has been serviced properly. This suggests that the car has been used for longer journeys and has seen a decent amount of motorway use. This kind of use is much less damaging than short journeys.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
DCC is a pain.

The sensor on the front of the car is vulnerable and relatively easily knocked out of alignment. If that happens, it requires expensive alignment kit to fix it and few dealers have it. You're looking at a big bill to get it sorted, around £400 last time I checked, and if it does not work then you have no cruise control at all as basic cruise control can't work without it.

You don't need to see the menu, just the left stalk behind the steering wheel as the adaptive cruise stalk is different from the standard one.

We bought our first Leon from Listers in Coventry. The price of the car was good but I wasn't impressed with anything else. My daughter and I flew down to pick up the car and asked them to pick us up at the station, which is only a mile or so from the dealership. The manager said no, I'd have to get a taxi! I told the sales girl to tell the manager that either I get picked up or they keep the car. I got picked up.

At the dealer they put me through hours of hard sell on their crappy options like paint protection etc. I got really ratty but the guy said he had to do this. We were literally in the dealership for hours when the car was already paid for and all we had to do was pick it up.

After driving home I noticed a bad scratch across the roof of the car. I knew it hadn't happened on the drive home and the car had been wet when we picked it up which is why i hadn't seen it. When I called Listers they basically didn't want to know. Said the car had been inspected and was fine when it left them.

I got the feeling they were all about shifting cars out the door and making money. I've since bought cars from Fife Seat in Kilmarnock and Ingram Seat in kIrkaldy and they have both been night and day better. Would I buy a car from Listers again? Maybe, but the price would have to be really good and I'd be checking it damn carefully.

• Sad

TomsLeon

Sep 26, 2020
I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage so long as the car has been serviced properly. This suggests that the car has been used for longer journeys and has seen a decent amount of motorway use. This kind of use is much less damaging than short journeys.

That is a good point...should mean no immediate GPF issues either. Approved used Seats all have full dealer history as far as I'm aware. Are these generally on time and distance servicing or do they do long life like VWs?

TomsLeon

Sep 26, 2020
Thanks for that honest review @Mr Pig , sounds like there are better dealerships about! I would have to have the car delivered so needs to be a trustworthy seller.

I think you've mixed up DCC with ACC. DCC is dynamic chassis control, adaptive dampers to hopefully smooth out the ride when in comfort setting. The FR Sports don't have adaptive cruise, though the Xcellence Lux does so it's good to know that can be a pain! I'm trying to buy less than 2 years old so there's still plenty of manufacture warranty to cover faults as I'm possibly one of the most unlucky car buyers around...if there's a common fault, I usually get it!

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I'm possibly one of the most unlucky car buyers around...if there's a common fault, I usually get it!

Some cars are just like that. Years ago we hat two Nissan Primeras one after the other. The first went to over 100K with few issues. The second suffered pretty much every known fault those cars can get, up to and including a timing chain failure which effectively killed the car. For me anyway. I sold it to a Datsun fanatic who fixed it and sold it on.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise