Votes: 21 5.4%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZ5

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZN

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
It all depends what cars you had in past and whether you are upgrading or downgrading. A lot of people seem to be upgrading, so really happy about new car with more power or spec. But if you're coming from top, it's just a car. Eco attack is not doing any good to new cars, acceleration response slowed down by software, just to hit C02 targets, etc.

I think it might be my last brand new car, because there's nothing interesting any more for petrolhead, unless we're talking about super cars.
I couldn’t agree with you more Agnes, I’m moving up from a 115ps Ibiza so it’s a massive jump. I wanted to get a nice car with a petrol engine before they are killed off. I plan to keep the Ibiza and Formentor for a good few years and will spend the money on getting a boat or flying.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Yeah it's obviously not going to seem like a big event coming from a decent level car to begin with. Must make it hard for motoring journalists as they have to distance themselves from the previous car they have driven and the expectations. But from what I have seen the overwhelming majority of motorist journalists have heaped praise on the formentor. So for us that are coming from smaller seats ( me 1.2 TSI Leon) it's a very exciting vehicle to get behind the wheel of indeed. And Im not even at the stage of pushing it yet ha

Reactions: IanH72

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
It all depends what cars you had in past and whether you are upgrading or downgrading. A lot of people seem to be upgrading, so really happy about new car with more power or spec. But if you're coming from top, it's just a car. Eco attack is not doing any good to new cars, acceleration response slowed down by software, just to hit C02 targets, etc.

I think it might be my last brand new car, because there's nothing interesting any more for petrolhead, unless we're talking about super cars.
I pretty much agree. For reference, my previous car was a Tesla Model 3.

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
I guess the Tesla was faster but do you find the Formentor more fun?
Actually the formentor is faster (model 3 was SR+ so 5.2 to 62. Friend has the performance and thats silly.

I would say the cupra is better built, feels nicer to drive and puts a smile on my face that the tesla couldnt.

The tesla had technical glitches now and again but was silky smooth to operate. The formentor software reminds me of using a £50 budget android handset.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Actually the formentor is faster (model 3 was SR+ so 5.2 to 62. Friend has the performance and thats silly.

I would say the cupra is better built, feels nicer to drive and puts a smile on my face that the tesla couldnt.

The tesla had technical glitches now and again but was silky smooth to operate. The formentor software reminds me of using a £50 budget android handset.
Tesla may have lower 0-60 but it probably has bigger initial kick due to all that instant torque.

For you it's a lateral move car wise. From an electric to a similar power petrol. I always joke with my wife, with the way we are buying cars with more power we'll struggle to buy a next one. Reason why I am buying a VZ Formentor and not a hybrid is that I think these type of high performance petrol cars are being phased out and we will all drive hybrids or electrics in 10-15 years.

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
Tesla may have lower 0-60 but it probably has bigger initial kick due to all that instant torque.

For you it's a lateral move car wise. From an electric to a similar power petrol. I always joke with my wife, with the way we are buying cars with more power we'll struggle to buy a next one. Reason why I am buying a VZ Formentor and not a hybrid is that I think these type of high performance petrol cars are being phased out and we will all drive hybrids or electrics in 10-15 years.Re: i
Re: initial kick, yes and no, the electric torque is instant yes but the shove when the power goes to the back wheels on launch control in the formentor feels roughly equal.

I intend to by a v8 weekend toy in a few months and retain for as long as possible.

Reactions: IanH72 and Peyton

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My last Petrolhead car before I retire and as my wife won’t drive my VZ2 as she says it’s got too much power, its looking like Hybrid or Electric time come retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
For you it's a lateral move car wise. From an electric to a similar power petrol. I always joke with my wife, with the way we are buying cars with more power we'll struggle to buy a next one.
I thought so too, when I had Mercedes C63. What car can I replace it with. And when time came, there was good leasing promotion for Audi S8, which was faster and more luxurious, but sadly silent. Since then, every car is a downgrade, but there are still fun cars to get. I'm still waiting for that C63 to come back to the market, but next owner seems to like it and it didn't come up on sale yet.

Reactions: Peyton

Theonenonly

Mar 22, 2021
Hi all, been looking at reviews and came across this forum looking for more info, and I am not disappointed I’ve read through the whole thread and got some very useful info 🤓 thanks 🙏

I didn’t know anything about the car before last week as I was looking for a golf r but the Mrs wanted bigger so this was the compromise, I managed to buy a VZ edition which gets delivered on Saturday from Darlo Seat.

Anything I need to look out for once getting the car? I’m coming from a 2018 Audi A4 1.4 tfsi so it’s quite the jump, first fast car I have ever owned, very excited 😆

Reactions: Ricknffc and Peyton

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Hi all, been looking at reviews and came across this forum looking for more info, and I am not disappointed I’ve read through the whole thread and got some very useful info 🤓 thanks 🙏

I didn’t know anything about the car before last week as I was looking for a golf r but the Mrs wanted bigger so this was the compromise, I managed to buy a VZ edition which gets delivered on Saturday from Darlo Seat.

Anything I need to look out for once getting the car? I’m coming from a 2018 Audi A4 1.4 tfsi so it’s quite the jump, first fast car I have ever owned, very excited 😆
Welcome! I get my VZ2 delivered on Thursday, and am coming from a Mk7.5 R. Frankly the Formentor is better looking, more practical and better equipped than the new R. Although it won't be quite as good a drive, realistically it has all the performance you could need. The R I found could get me carried away a little too much on occasion, the new one probably more so🤣🤣.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021

I went from a 2017 1.2 TSI Leon to the VZ2 ( it's also only my second car) so it was quite the Juno for me. Like many have stated a lot depends on what you have driven before hand. All I can say from my opinion is I was overwhelmed sitting in it completing the documents. My dealer drove off in my old Leon and I was like ' sh*t has this really happened' ha thoroughly impressed with the car, a couple of niggly things that could be improved but that's probably the case for every car right. It's everything and more than I thought it would be and I've not pushed it yet.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Hi,
A new forum member from Sweden here!
I just ordered a white vz 310.
Reading some posts I understand that there are different trim levels in the UK?
Over here we get a very well equipped version with only few options to add, so it’s a good level from start I’d say.
I went for panoroof, Beats Audio and Cupra full link.
We can choose six different wheels but I liked the black/silver ones which are standard. This time I didn’t select leather seats (have a Golf mk7 R estate with that) even though I love the looks.
Beside that, we can select electric tailgate, Brembo brakes, top view camera, wireless mobile charger and a towbar.
I’m amazed how well equipped the car is and it’s much cheaper than the MK8 Golf R. I know, it’s a beast...but the Formentor is more affordable and just looks so much better from all angles.

Delivery hopefully in July/August if all goes well. Fingers crossed...

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021

Welcome to The Tribe! You're in for a treat, I swapped out my Audi A4 Allroad and I don't think you'll be disappointed with interior room, quality and equipment. Check out the other threads as to what to expect when you take delivery (first aid kit, mats, key cover and wrist band, limited edition plaque as your's is a VZ Edition), get your dealer to make sure all software updates are loaded prior to delivery and don't forget the 5 day drive away insurance (its free!). Then bear in mind you won't get full beans available until you've done a few miles (consensus seems to be 1,000 miles or so), although I suspect you'll be pleased with initial performance improvement anyway! You'll have a set of Brembo brakes on your VZ Edition, let them bed in and then try them out, but make sure the road behind you is clear and any passengers are aware, as you'll feel like your insides are trying to depart through the windscreen when you step on the brake pedal.

Most of all, enjoy your new car and try not to smile too much 😁 😁 😁 . Good luck and don't forget to add pictures to the gallery!

Mar 20, 2021
Hey all, after months of research and looking for the right deal, I finally ordered a VZ2 310 in midnight black today. Hoping to be able to pick it up in the next week or two. You probably don’t realise it but all of your posts have been hugely helpful in helping me get to my final decision, thank you!!! Will share some pics once I’ve got it. Cannot wait!

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Hey all, after months of research and looking for the right deal, I finally ordered a VZ2 310 in midnight black today. Hoping to be able to pick it up in the next week or two. You probably don’t realise it but all of your posts have been hugely helpful in helping me get to my final decision, thank you!!! Will share some pics once I’ve got it. Cannot wait!
Welcome to the tribe. Bet you are thoroughly excited. I miss doing all the research and reading/ watching every review under the sun. I still look daily for new videos but it feels a bit different now I've actually got the car ha

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

Something to make the wait even more worth it
My Midnight Black VZ2

2ec6ff06963400e662697fb4cf600d8b.jpg

57000cb79fdad4ba69fe23fd04f9e0ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.